CBR1100XX.org Forum

visor fogging up

bwflorence

Hi All,

So its been raining all week and im sick and tired of struggling to see out of a visor that continually fogs up.

If I leave the visor open slightly I get the occasional drop of rain and a continual wind blast in the face.

The helmet is just over 6 months old (Arai Quantum) and I really did expect better in the anti-fog department.

So, any advice on what I can do (cheaply) to reduce the fogging up problem ???

:icon_think:

Respro Foggy. I've been using one continuously throughout the winter, and the only time I get fogging is when it's snowing.

Works awesome for the shield, and does a good job for eyeglasses as well.

I've not tried the spray on stuff, but my Fog City Incert is EXCELLENT for fog resistance... It doesn't even fog up at 20 degrees F, even when stopped, even with the Noj chin curtain (Quiet rider standard) in place, so there's very little moving air in the helmet... It also doesn't fog up in 35 degree pouring rain either! Absolutely the BEST $10 I've ever spent!

Mike

I've not tried the spray on stuff, but my Fog City Incert is EXCELLENT for fog resistance... It doesn't even fog up at 20 degrees F, even when stopped, even with the Noj chin curtain (Quiet rider standard) in place, so there's very little moving air in the helmet... It also doesn't fog up in 35 degree pouring rain either! Absolutely the BEST $10 I've ever spent!

Mike

+1 on that.

I have a clear shield, so I got the hyper optics model to help block the sun. It darkens when in sunlight. Works pretty well, no fogging at all, but after 2 years, the foam surround is giving way and now water fills up in it like a fishbowl :icon_eek: . I guess it's time to reseal it.

IPB Image

I use a product called "Cat Crap" I got it at some outdoor camping store it works really well. But The moisture seems to build up right at the bottom of the shield. Mine was actually dripping wet, but I suppose it did its job because the visor never actually fogged up.

Fog City Insert for the Arai Helmet "PERFECT"

Just stop by www.Bikebits.us and pick out your favorite insert and be done with a foggy faceshield forever !!!! :icon_dance::icon_dance:

The Hyper Optiks is for use if you have a bright sunshine problem as well.

I have the Hyper Optiks Universal in my Shoei and absolutely no fog for the two years since I installed it.