CBR1100XX.org Forum

undertails and exhaust systems

hydroguy

i've got a 2000 model ..blue , what i'm looking to do is change the undertail and and bring the exhaust system up and under the tail , can anyone advise me on the best way to do this and what products are recommended with the least amount of playing around ........

Hydroguy, hit the search engine for undertails, there are several out there. Regarding pipes, High Mounts are currently the best we can do, as Joe said, I do not know of any undertail exhausts available. Here is a picture of my MIG's (in Aluminum Fiber). In addition, Renegade makes hi mounts for the XX as well.

20037303588213839935779.jpg

20037295213281657234916.jpg

MaXX

I run the Rens and after comparing it to Maxx's Migs at Cody and looking at the build quality between the Renegades and Migs, I would recommend the Mig over the Renegades. I dont like the length of the Mig muffler though, its about 2" longer and sticks out to far in the rear vs the Renegade muffler which looks better IMHO.

Mototeck is the best looking undertail available too.

20037301589087457616690.jpg

The thing about the Renegades is that they are hand made (I have a full hi mount system fitted to my Tuono R). Jorge at Renegade also gives great customer support. Keep in mind though, he is located in the UK and currently does not have a US distributor (but you can buy directly from them). Because they are handmade, if you wanted a longer or shorter exhaust can, or the pipes to go somewhere else, he will typically do it. He may also be willing to fabricate a true undertail exhaust if you are interested in spending the $$$$$.

From the comparison Randy is talking about, the MIG's have a deeper growl while the Renegade's give out that awesome inline 4 scream. I actually like the scream of the Rene's more then the MIG's, but the MIG's are a better fit for what I use the XX for.

MaXX

From the comparison Randy is talking about, the MIG's have a deeper growl while the Renegade's give out that awesome inline 4 scream. I actually like the scream of the Rene's more then the MIG's, but the MIG's are a better fit for what I use the XX for.

MaXX

I agree, I like the sound of mine better. Think F1 racecar as a comparison and you'll be close!! :grin: I think it also has to do with the size and shape of the muffler along with mine being blown out for 3yrs.

Yeah, size and shape make a difference!!! :lol:

Mine's bigger, thus deeper <the sound>

:lol:

Randy, you liken the scream to an F1 car, I liken it to the scream of a Gixxer 750 or a new inmate in state prison getting his introduction to prison love!!!! :lol::lol:

MaXX

OK I gotta ask.........................How do you know what that sounds like??? :shock:
a new inmate in state prison getting his introduction to prison love!!!! :lol::lol:

MaXX

Law Enforcement Background!!! :lol::lol:

MaXX

i heard www.wolfexhausts.com will make you one, might cost you, but you'd one of the few who've done it.

Home.Underseat.jpg

954_Underseat_Exhaust.jpg

99bladeside.jpg

just want to thank MaXX and BDAZXX for the info , just one more question for you guy's, how hard is to install the undertail, did it require any cutting of body parts..........on the bike that is ...lol?

You have to cut up the stock undertail to install almost all aftermarket undertails. The Mototeck is a HUGE hack job :shock: . I kept cutting till it fit and afterwards I would never had thought I would have to cut so much off. :wink: