CBR1100XX.org Forum

REAR SHOCKS

kiwimack

The 900RR shock is way undersprung for the XX. I have one here, but I'm having trouble locating a heavy enough spring. I'm 5'10" 180 lbs., and from what Bob says you're like a giant or something :icon_wink: I've done the searches, but can't seem to locate a current manufacturer for the heavier spring.

The 900RR shock is way undersprung for the XX. I have one here, but I'm having trouble locating a heavy enough spring. I'm 5'10" 180 lbs., and from what Bob says you're like a giant or something :icon_wink: I've done the searches, but can't seem to locate a current manufacturer for the heavier spring.

Can't you go with RaceTech for the spring? I have used the search feature for this very subject and it doesn't produce very good results.....

Can't you go with RaceTech for the spring? I have used the search feature for this very subject and it doesn't produce very good results.....

According to their website they don't make it anymore... guess I could get off my lazy ass and call them :icon_rolleyes:

According to their website they don't make it anymore... guess I could get off my lazy ass and call them :icon_rolleyes:

Yes I do require as strong a spring as possible, and am interested in any help in finding something. i used to be a svelt 260 lbs but since having had to replace my ACL's in both knees i'm a little more now. 6'6" is normal isn't it?

U you can use a standard (2.25 6) ebiach spring on a f4 shock if you modify the top perch slightly. Im using a f4i shock mount with 1/2 thick block tacked on top. (the f4i bolt is longer). I'm using an 1100lb/inch spring on the lowest of 5 preload setting avalaible on the f4 shock. No mater wich shock you use you are going to want to revalve it to deal with the stiffer spring.

http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum/viewt...6625&highlight=

U you can use a standard (2.25 6) ebiach spring on a f4 shock if you modify the top perch slightly. Im using a f4i shock mount with 1/2 thick block tacked on top. (the f4i bolt is longer). I'm using an 1100lb/inch spring on the lowest of 5 preload setting avalaible on the f4 shock. No mater wich shock you use you are going to want to revalve it to deal with the stiffer spring.

http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum/viewt...6625&highlight=

have you fitted it (f4) to your bird, this seems like the way for me to go.

cheers

I rode on it all last summer about 10 or 15000 km . I took it apart again this winter to change the valving a bit again.

The thing is u must be prepared to revalve it ! If you don't there will be not near enough rebound for the heavier spring .. in my opinion

The top perch needs to be enlarged a bit to use the standard springs as the stock honda f4 spring has the last coil turned tighter(smaller then the rest) . I turned a new perch, but welding a washer on the origional would work fine !

Been there, done that. Still have the scars.

Don't waste you money trying to rebuild and refit old crap. Keep in mind that CBR 900 and 600 owners are replacing their shocks with something better. Do yourself a favor, save up your coin and buy a good, new fully adjustable aftermarket shock that is set up just for you and your riding style.

Been there, done that. Still have the scars.

Don't waste you money trying to rebuild and refit old crap. Keep in mind that CBR 900 and 600 owners are replacing their shocks with something better. Do yourself a favor, save up your coin and buy a good, new fully adjustable aftermarket shock that is set up just for you and your riding style.

I agree with you to a point . If you dont want /like to experiment and have the 800 bucks for a new ohlins or penske(s) then they are the way to go.

But once you learn to build your own stacks and start to understand how the valving works you pretty much have endless adjust ment possibilities. Just changing the oil in the shock makes a huge difference.

If had an ohins or pensiki I'm sure i would be tearing into that as well. :icon_smile: