CBR1100XX.org Forum

Honda Hurricane 600 tires

JB4XX

My brother has been calling multiple times because he has a set of sticky tires on his Hurricane 600 and wants to find some tires for it that arent so sticky. :icon_rolleyes: The stock bike came with 110/80 up front and 130/80 in the rear. Most tires made now with those specs are cruiser tires. He has a 150 on the rear now, a Pilot Race, that he doesnt like because it makes the bike too "tippable" and is so sticky it throws gravel when he pulls into his drive. :icon_rolleyes: I'm tired of telling him that is the way the tires should be. Where can we find a set of nice steam roller shaped tires that are hard compound and have stock sidewalls heigth?

He has put 400 miles on this bike in a year and a half so I dont think it matters about tire life, just one that doesnt dry rot quickly.

:icon_shifty:

My brother has been calling multiple times because he has a set of sticky tires on his Hurricane 600 and wants to find some tires for it that arent so sticky. :icon_rolleyes: The stock bike came with 110/80 up front and 130/80 in the rear. Most tires made now with those specs are cruiser tires. He has a 150 on the rear now, a Pilot Race, that he doesnt like because it makes the bike too "tippable" and is so sticky it throws gravel when he pulls into his drive. :icon_rolleyes: I'm tired of telling him that is the way the tires should be. Where can we find a set of nice steam roller shaped tires that are hard compound and have stock sidewalls heigth?

He has put 400 miles on this bike in a year and a half so I dont think it matters about tire life, just one that doesnt dry rot quickly.

:icon_shifty:

Any cruiser tire will fit the bill. They're not too sticky, last a goodish time, and...dare I say...made for guys who don't put a whole lotta miles on.

I put Dunlop D404's on my dad's bike and they fit the bill.

On my 87 Hurricane 600 I believe I put a cheng-shin barracuda on the back when the Dunlop was shot.

Josh,

I had the same problem when I was looking for new tires recently for an '86 Honda Interceptor 500. Finally came up with the Pirelli Sport Demons. Overall, they have been good tires so far. Bought them from SW Moto Tires. I checked your bike's sizes. Pirelli does make both, but SW only stocks the rear.

http://www.us.pirellimoto.com/en_95/tires/...ome=SPORT_DEMON

Josh,

I had the same problem when I was looking for new tires recently for an '86 Honda Interceptor 500. Finally came up with the Pirelli Sport Demons. Overall, they have been good tires so far. Bought them from SW Moto Tires. I checked your bike's sizes. Pirelli does make both, but SW only stocks the rear.

There was a guy running them on a v65 Magna at Keith Code's last year. He didn't go down, and it must have been the tires 'cause 'da brutha had no skillz yo :icon_rolleyes:

Josh,

There was a guy running them on a v65 Magna at Keith Code's last year. He didn't go down, and it must have been the tires 'cause 'da brutha had no skillz yo :icon_rolleyes:

Hmm, not sure if you are knocking the squid in the class or me for recommending the tires, but it comes across as more the latter than the former. :icon_confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Josh,

Hmm, not sure if you are knocking the squid in the class or me for recommending the tires, but it comes across as more the latter than the former. :icon_confused:

Just saw this... I was referring to the squid. If he were on a lesser tire he would have wadded up a nice classic...

To make this clear I was impressed by the tires, good recommendation on your part :icon_thumbsup: