CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bar-end weight question...

MileHi

Well, I finally decided that it was time to do all the front end work since all the aprts are piling up and I've run into a dilemma... The bar-end weights aren't budging from the Heli-bars! I mean they are a permenant part of the bars... So, I need to find some sort of (cheap) replacement for the VFR bars. I know I can get some cheapies from the Cyclegear store down the road, but I am concerned that w/o the weights I'll get more vibrations outta them. Any ideas?

BTW, I noticed that with the current search engine, you can't search for a three letter word... You know like HID or bar... Great! ;)

Fill the bars with lead shot and cap it off with a standard bar end. Add some expanding foam to the mix if you're worried about it rattling around in there, but it shouldn't really be a problem if you pack 'em tight.

Used to do this on MX bikes and it does a pretty good job of damping vibration.

Throttlemeister might sell a set iwth a generic mount for bikes without bar end weights.

He did say "cheap". ;)

Thanks Redbird...I was reminded of the same fix for the Bandit's bars once I read your post... It worked well on the Bandits...