CBR1100XX.org Forum

My First XX Related Failure!

JJP XX

Hi All,

After spending time with the gang at the racetrack, my headlights don't work! The only thing that I can thing of is when I did a wheelie at the track and left off....hard...as the front end came crashing back down.

I was at the Walmart for 2 hours chasing this thing down. I bought a multimeter and tested the continuity of the bulbs...good. I hooked the bulbs directly to the battery...they worked! I am not getting voltage to the connecters for the bulbs. I had to buy tools, wires, tape, and a switch to hook the wires directly to the battery so that I could have lights for the ride back home.

Any suggestions? Joe pulled the 20 amp fuse and it looked good. Also tested well. What are the 3 black "boxes" by the battery? Do any of them have to do with the lights?

Thanks for your time,

John

Also check the starter button. When you push the button in slightly your headlight goes out to give the starter full power. When you release, it must make contact again to give power to headlight.

BTW, awesome running at the Beaver!

Hi Joe,

Won't be able to work on the bike for I am in the Buffalo NY area until Wednesday or Thursday. When I get home, I will start looking more in depth. Not to mention that the bike needs to get inspected......

Great Day!

John

Okay. I took apart the hand grip assembly where the starter button is. One of the 4 wires that is soldered on broke off. After much testing, and buying a soldering gun, headlights now work. Thanks Joe and Pete for your input.

Great Day!

John