CBR1100XX.org Forum

Aluminum Ramps and Parts

MadOx

Two things I need to ask:

Looking for a good ramp to throw my 02 XX in the pick up truck to go to Daytona. I have seen them from $380 to $60. Any ideas?

Alumimum parts such as the rear peg die cast parts. These are starting to oxidize and I want to clean them up. Are they clear coated? Can I just scotch brite and go?

Thanks and I really enjoy this site!

I have a folding aluminum ramp I use to get the birs in to a full-size truck... Is is a 6 foot.. and is still a bit of a steep push to get the bird up into the bed.. I would suggest a longer folding Alum ramp.. paid about $160 for mine... Check your local lawnmover dealer or landscape joint..

As for cleaning.. I use just let mine oxidize.. you can use metal polish if you want .. then sure.. go ahaead and clear coat them.. couldn't hurt...

Shit,

It's only a 600 mile ride from Murfreesboro to Daytona, ride the thing.

You can be there in about 10 hours if you take 24 and enjoy the sweeper madness over Mt. Eagle.

Add a couple of hours and run Tn 30 across and then down through Chatanooga, picking up I24 to I75. Watch out for that first right hand switch back. It almost bit me last fall.

Riding is better than a ramp but the second week in March has shown me snow twice on the way back to Tennessee from Daytona. Can't do the ice thing on the XX............

One of my friends loads his Beemer K1200rs using a 2x12 for a ramp. And it is alot heavier than the XX.

He bought a small winch that he mounts into the front bed rack holder and pulls it up. Soft ties on the front suspension attach the cable. I would still suggest getting help to guide it up and down. Lots of weight, pretty high up when it is on the bed. Make sure the board is long enough. The XX is low and will bottom out on a steep ramp.

As for the bright work. Mine is not clear coated. Any good polish and effort will make it shine.