CBR1100XX.org Forum

HELP Chain Rubbing

cbr1100xxflame

I just purchased an XX and went to clean the under carraige and noticed that the center stand is rubbing on the chain. It appears that the exhaust needs a rubber bushing that keeps the stand off the chain. Is this correct? If so does anyone have any or is this dealer item only? IDEAS?

I inspected the chain and all looks good. to include the adjustment. Are there any other things to look for? What are good chain lubes?

I purchased the rubber bush from the local honda stealer here in Australia price was $12.50 aud, for that price figured it wasnt worth stuffing around looking anywhere else.

I also use belray chain lube only need apply every 600 to 800 Klm doesn't fling to much fairly easy to clean up :lol:

The stock Honda pipes have a rubber bumper. Look at Ron Ayers or call the local dealer, and you can probably get that part.

I have one centerstand stop still available. They are adjustable and allow you to position the centerstand where you want it, and the stand doesn't touch the exhaust if you so choose.

http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum/viewt...pic.php?t=29579

But, if there's a provision on the system for a stock Honda bumper, that would probably be cheaper.

J.

My rubber bumper came off a while back. I seem to go through them on a regular basis. Fortunately, my local hardware store has a rubber grommet that fits perfectly, and they're like $3.00.

Fortunately, my local hardware store has a rubber grommet that fits perfectly, and they're like $3.00.

+1. I picked one up at the local Ace Hardware for a couple of bucks; fits perfectly.

Fortunately, my local hardware store has a rubber grommet that fits perfectly, and they're like $3.00.

+1. I picked one up at the local Ace Hardware for a couple of bucks; fits perfectly.

Sure...Now mine broke off. :angry:

There's one at Ace Hardware that's a perfect replacement for the factory one?

You are talking about the factory exaust right?