CBR1100XX.org Forum

Metzeler M1 Front Tire

Mikesblackbird

I need to replace the front tire on my new to me 97 B'bird. There are a number of the above tires selling on e-bay that are apparently fresh inventory.

The lowest I have found is $59.95 + $15 for shipping on a "buy it now" basis. Does anyone have any reason why I should not make a buy on this tire since I'm told that the inventory is fresh?

Thanks.

Just to let everyone know, I just received the M1 tire from JC Motors from e-bay and the date code on the tire is "3605". From what I read that's the end of December '05, so for $60 + $15 for shipping seems to be a pretty good deal. Maybe not the lowest around, but nevertheless a good enough deal for me.

Now, we'll see what costs to get mounted?

The dat-code 3605 means week 36 of 2005. That was in September, so a fresh tire....

The prices are 50% lower than our lowest prices in Europe........

Normal retail price for this tire here is about $ 180,--

Just to let everyone know, I just received the M1 tire from JC Motors from e-bay and the date code on the tire is "3605". From what I read that's the end of December '05, so for $60 + $15 for shipping seems to be a pretty good deal. Maybe not the lowest around, but nevertheless a good enough deal for me.

Throw it around you neck, and come over. We'll have it done in no time.

Thanks for the invite; sounds temptiing. The bike is new to me so I need to get it inspected. I bought the tire just in case the inspecting shop says I need one. I thought for $75 I couldn't miss. Looking at the tire on the bike, I think it's fine for inspection or at best, good for another few thousand miles.

Honestly speaking, how difficult is it to change the front with simple tools? I'd be willing to give it a shot, but really don't feel like struggling with breaking the bead if it is a ball buster.

Thanks for the invite; sounds temptiing. The bike is new to me so I need to get it inspected. I bought the tire just in case the inspecting shop says I need one. I thought for $75 I couldn't miss. Looking at the tire on the bike, I think it's fine for inspection or at best, good for another few thousand miles.

Honestly speaking, how difficult is it to change the front with simple tools? I'd be willing to give it a shot, but really don't feel like struggling with breaking the bead if it is a ball buster.

I have everything needed to change and balance the tire. I'll let you do all the work so you see for yourself how it's done and what you need. Once you see how easy and cheap it is to do your own tires you'll never go back to the stealer.

I have everything needed to change and balance the tire. I'll let you do all the work so you see for yourself how it's done and what you need. Once you see how easy and cheap it is to do your own tires you'll never go back to the stealer.

Brett,

Where are you in South Joisey? I get down there a lot on business. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot when the weather turns, but I'm sure I'd get a lot of looks with the tire around my neck. May be better to strap it to the seat.

Thanks for the offer.

Mike

Brett,

Where are you in South Joisey? I get down there a lot on business. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot when the weather turns, but I'm sure I'd get a lot of looks with the tire around my neck. May be better to strap it to the seat.

Thanks for the offer.

Mike

I'm in Milmay which is right outside of Vineland.