CBR1100XX.org Forum

'97 BB Two Brothers Racing Handle Bars

Gorba

Hi,

I am a 5' 10" rider and find it a little stretch especially on longer trips. I want to sit just a little more upright as it tends to hurt my back on long straight roads. I have just acquired a Corbin "Gunfighter & Lady" saddle with the front pocket pushed 1" forward. I am now considering changing the handle bars. I have seen some nice Two Brothers Racing V.3 bars on their web site that come in various hights.

Has anyone had any experience with these or what other advice can you offer? :?

Justin,

Thanks, I have read some of the information here on these, I like the finish on the Two Brothers Racing. Wondering if anyone had seen or experienced them?

Guest rockmeupto125

Have you tried it with the Corbin? Lowering your posterior as it does effectively raises the bars. If you want the bars even higher you can take off the safety clip and raise them to (and over) the top of the fork tubes without difficulty. (As you raise them the cables will tighten...be careful of that. And at the highest levels, the clutch pipe bolt on the steering neck may need to be undone)

I've had the bars for about five years now. I'm happy with them but, there are some clearance issues. They almost hit the OEM shield so I

replaced it with a Black Chrome shield. Other issues, front brake lines didn't reach, had some made. Clutch line didn't reach. Rebent the hard line along the frame to gain length. My XX is a 98 so, it has a choke cable

not allowing the clutch perch to rotate down therefore, mine is angled upwards.

I think LSL makes a bar thats might do as well?

First pic takin in April 2001 (I think)

Second pic takin after Buzzard Killing this summer.

Image004.jpg

Image017.jpg

nother view

Image061.jpg

Calcxx,

Thanks for the info, do you have some close up pictures to show.

What about changing the brake lines to stainless braided ones, perhaps they can be aquired in a longer than stock length?

Funny, I have a black XX and a black Tundra too.

The '02 Blackbird I bought a few months ago was set up with Two Brothers bars. The previous owner required the extra reach afforded by that set-up but I couldn't accommodate it and quickly changed them out for Heli-Bars. The Two Bros. offer more adjusment options within the limits of the brake and clutch line lengths and are very well made but to mount the grips properly you will have to modify the switch housings or drill the bars to suit the locating pins that Honda provides. My switches had been modified and were kind of a nusance as they tended to twist around the bar with no pin to locate them properly! If you have the stock bar to measure from I'd recommend you drill them to match. I'd have to say that I've been pretty pleased with the Heli-Bars. The mounting clamps are about 1/4" taller on the fork tube than stock so if you leave the stop ring in place the front of the bike is down by that amount when you've finished. Also you have to cut those locating tabs off of the master cylnders when you mount the Heli-Bars so you can get the proper rotation on the banjo fittings, but you won't have to buy new lines with the Heli-Bars.

Yes, changing to longer lines is required to get the most from these bars.

Thruxton, Your right. I forgot about having to drill the bars for the pins.

Here's a couple more pics. Hope it helps.

Oh, you have a black Tundra and black XX ??

A man of good taste I see.

Cal

Image014.jpg

Image026.jpg

Image027.jpg