CBR1100XX.org Forum

Has your temp droped after install of PC2/3?

Hurricane

Been procrastinating with buying and installing a PC2 for my '00 XX ($).

But I've been wondering if anyone has noticed a drop in engine temperature after installation since this would eliminate the lean condition of an aftermarket exhaust.

Can you REALLY feel a power difference with a PC2/3?

Comments?

Its not unfeasable for a temperature drop... assuming you are currently in a leaned state and the pc fixes that, then you will be less lean, and therefore less hot... I don't know if that would make a noticible difference in your collant temps though.

The reason why I asked is that typically when you free up the exhaust, intake or both, you lean the air/fuel ratio out which inturn would cause the engine to run a bit hotter since it's running leaner.

How much hotter? I don't know.

But, I wondered if you balanced out the mix (with the fuel injected engines in mind) using the PC2/3's, if there was a notable drop in temperature. That's all. Just curious more than anything.

I imagine the stock computer would compensate to a degree, but not as much as with the addition of the Power Commander.

The reason why I asked is that typically when you free up the exhaust, intake or both, you lean the air/fuel ratio out which inturn would cause the engine to run a bit hotter since it's running leaner.  

Sorry bub.... It doesn't work that way on a FI bird. Actually almost nothing changes... the ECU compensates for air filters and exhaust changes...and in some cases even compensates farther than normal giving you a RICHer mixture. :wink:

The Honda programming is really amazing.