CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Economy

bwflorence

Hi,

I filled the fuel tank on my 03 blackbird, set the trip meter and watched to see how far id get. turns out that the fuel guage started to flash after only 180Km of city riding (thats 112 miles in the old money). That seems a little thirsty to me.

Is that normal fuel consumption for a blackbird ???

Mine's about the same as yours. I get anywhere from 120-150 a tank on mine depending on how much gas I shoehorn in her. I'm changing my plugs right now. I'm kinda curious to see if I get better mileage now like some of these other guys seem to.

180 is low. I get 230 just as my reserve comes one. When was the last time your spark plugs and air filter was changed? My fuel consumption turned to crap as soon as my spark plugs needed replacing.

How much gas did it take when u refueled?

I get between 160Km-180Km around town before my light comes on, but I live in a small city where I'm lucky to get to 50Km/hour and it's mostly short trips so I'm sure I burn more gas warming it up than I do driving...

200Km on the highway takes me about 1/2 tank (on my gauge) but I haven't got on the highway enough this year to remember details...

Just did my last ride of the season(3300 KM ) 2000xx with Micron slip-ons 271 KM low fuel light NOT on, over 40 m/p/g, it can be done as long as you keep it below 150km/hr most of the time, speed on this bike is intoxicating!!!!! and dont be a squid. BBB