CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID install question (on my truck)

N1K

So I got my HID kit. Was really excited to get it installed.

I think something's f'd up. I don't think I have the right connection to marry into the stock headlight connector.

Here's a pic

normal_DSC01045.JPG

A higher res pic is in my album if you need to see it.

The stock connector is on the left. Next to that is the 'adapter' that came with the kit which you'd plug two wires into. Those 2 wires are in the photo coming down from the top.

I put the adapter into the stock connector. Inserted the 2 wires from the HID unit. Doesn't work. Pulled them apart and realized that I cant see HOW it could possibly make a good connection anywhere.

The adapter is just plastic, suppose to just hold the wires in place. Certainly the way it holds the wires, they don't fit. And even if I try to, without the adapter, make a connection to the stock connection... No way does it have ANY way to make a connection.

Anyone see anything I'm missing?

The bulb fits in fine... I have H13 9008's in my truck. That's what I ordered, I assume that's what they sent.

Any ideas?

Another pic showing the adapter and the wires that go into the adapter.

Izzit a high/low beam HID (High $$$$) ?? If it's only a low beam, which I suspect it is, then it will only have the 2 connections. Dunno why it no workie though.....

Your stock plug have 3 pins. One is high beam, one is low beam, and one is negative ground.

All you need is to match the kit's white wire to the low beam slot (your car), and the kit's black wire to the ground (your car).

Very simple.

You will loose high beam, but in reality, how many times do you really high beam someone.

Quote of the week there....

You will loose high beam, but in reality, how many times do you really high beam someone.

By the way, it's also used for increased visibility in the dark, in addition to intentionally blinding other people.

;)