CBR1100XX.org Forum

hand/wind guards --> Sportech PE Series Speedguards

JuXXtin

Has anyone tried these for winter/cold wind protection? I have Helibars and they look like they would fit... just barely, but I don't have exact measurements of the aluminum bracket width. It would be a very close fit between the switch boxes and the clutch/brake fluid for each side.

http://www.upnorthsports.com/Product/Produ...detail&_ID=2436

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item....656&division=6#

http://cgi.ebay.com/sportech-hand-guards-h...1QQcmdZViewItem

I have heated grips installed but would like to block more wind. Any other thoughts... or experiences with this type of item?

(I've seen Bruce's and Byrdman's ST in person so far.)

SportechSGHGPESeries.gif

I use the Acerbis ones, as seen here in a rescue mission of a Yammie in the woods.

guards.jpg

I've only seen them STs and BMWs......I'd like to see them on the Bird in black though. . .

I have been doing some research and thinking about this also... For that price, I think I'd do the V-Strom ones... I have heard you can get those for like $45-50, but they have to be slightly modified... but Jeff said it wasn't a big deal...

Mike

The one advantage the cordura is they will collaspe when turning forks to lock. The clutch / brake levers get really close to fairing, so make sure u can get enuf clearance.

Xman has the MSR deflectors which is different style than mine, u could check w him on how he likes 'em.

http://www.ugly-bikes.com/MSR_Hand_Deflect...9-msrdflect.htm

I am in contact with Dale about the dimentions of the newer V-Strom guards. If they are the size they look like in the pictures I've seen, I may be able to get them to clear the fairing with the Heli_bars at full lock, and may just be able to take some off of the height at the ends to clear the mirrors. I will keep you updated through this process... Even if I have to custom make something, I WILL have these this winter!

Mike

K9... which KTM do you have?

That be the trusty and dusty Honda XR650R brother!! 2002, with a gagillion miles, and running strong :twisted:

I have a pair of First gear Voyager gloves I use in the cold weather. I can only wear them when temps are below 45-50 degrees as my hands get too hot in them! I rode home last night...45 miles in 35 degree temps. No problem. They are waterproof and have a little wiper on your left index in case you get caught in the rain.

Oh yeah...they are only forty bucks 8)

fgvoyagerglv04.jpg

Firstgear Voyager Gloves

Description:

Flexible, nylon shell construction with leather palm.

Pre curved design with rubberized Clarinol on control fingers for sure grip..

Sheltex waterproof and breathable membrane..

Fully insulated with polyester fiberfill..

Wide gauntlet with elastic closure cord for draft free fit..

Visor wiper blade on left index finger..

3M scotchlite reflective piping and logos for night visability. .

I'm thinkin' bout the Hippo Hands. Tim (T2), have you had problems fouling the controls? Roomy inside?

Took a little practice, but I was able to run the siren, lights, and moving radar controls; all while working clutch and brakes.

I'd highly recommend a hippo hand style based on how warm they are. In conjunction with heated grips, life was very good.

Not sure the link I posted was the exact same manufacturer/product we used, but very similar.

Yep, Tim's version should work very well, stay away from the hippo's that go up to you elbow (or give 'em a haircut). I tried those and NOT safe, once u pull your arm from them, it's a bit of a trick to get 'em back in there (NOT good in emergency sitcom)....