CBR1100XX.org Forum

Flow Commander?

Obby

Anybody heard of this Flow Commander for carb'd birds?

Think it works? 4-8hp gain? :?

a5_1.JPG

Here's the writeup:

For carburated bikes, a problem has always been an in perfect mixture of fuel & air entering the circuit of each carburetor. The Flo Commander perfectly balances the air entering the circuit, causing the carbs to be much better synchronized throughout the entire RPM range. The result is a torque & horsepower gain (4-8 hp gain can be expected). Also you get a much smoother power delivery & quicker throttle response. This is not just a top end gain but across the entire power range.

Easy installation, carbs do NOT need to be removed to install in most applications.

Flo Commander works as a stand alone application or in conjunction with a jet kit.

Common carburetion problems occur in the transitional areas when the carbs are trying to deliver a smooth fuel curve as RPM's go from the pilot to the mid circuit, then the mid to the main or top end. This is where most of flat or deadspots occur making the power drop or fall off. The other problem is keeping the carbs synchronized after you leave the idle area & bring the RPM's up.

Also air moving around the air box gives different pressures to each of the four carburetors causing them to run out of sync, resulting in inconsistent or eratic power.

The Flo Commander takes all fuel air circuits from the main air jet location (via the tubing) and routes them all into one location so that each carb gets the same amount of air.

The result is much smoother transition areas as well as other enhancements. The best part is being able to adjust the amount of air you let into the system, thus you can meter the air/fuel mixture from one location without doing anything to the carbs.

The is a breeze to install, normal installation time is one hour. You do not need to be a pro tuner to install this system. Step by step instructions are included to walk you through it from start to finish. Everything you need is included with the kit.

This system works great on either a stock or jetted bike.

This auction is for a Flo Commander for a Honda CBR 1100 XX Blackbird 1997-1998.

I posted up asking about that same product a while back. I almost bought one, but others here said it was worthless. I dunno, never did get one....

This same thing popped up back when I had the Bandit... A couple of guys tried 'em and the results were less than impressive. I seems that the manufacturers engineers knew what they were doing (in most cases) when they designed the airboxes...

Better yet... Send me the $140 and I'll blow in yer ear! :eyebrows:

:gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: :gayfight: