CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID install questions

JasonW

I understand the bulb to headlight issue, but don't completely understand the hookup to the bike's harness.

I know what wires to connect, but what I don't understand is how the connection should be made. It seems the supplied black retaining clip (that you assemble yourself by inserting the wires into it) is not compatable with the XX's harness. If I were to assemble the retaining clip, the pins would be spaced at 12mm like the Euros ( http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum/viewt...pic.php?t=25188 )

Should I forget the retaining clips and just plug the spade connectors into the bike's harness then wrap with electrical tape, or was I sent the wrong clips?

Any help would be appreciated.

The kit comes with a black plastic lead holder that will fit the standard H-7 application. At least mine did. The factory headlight plug will fit into this piece. If for some reason your bike differs from the norm , take the male spade connectors from the ballast and pleg them into the headlight plug. I know this will fit for a fact. I didn't see that black lead holder untill I had plugged in the first lamp.

Thanks for the reply.

Apparently they sent the wrong connectors (lead holders).

Yes, the spade connectors fit fine by themselves, but that's not as tidy of an install as I had hoped. Yes, that's being a bit anal, I know, but that's how I am.

I guess I'll just tape them so they don't vibrate out.

Thanks.

Yeah same thing here. The little plastic adapters that came with the kit did not work. I just plugged the spades on the HID harness right into the lamp plugs on the bike. Then wrapped it up well in electrical tape. I think the latest batch of kits must have had a different adapter because I could not get it to fit, with or without the Honda H7 adapter in place.