CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID / Modulator Question

bhanxx

I wanna git in on the HID group buy. I have the Signal Dynamics Headlight Modulator wired to both my high and low beams.

1. Modulator and HID is not compatible on same light, right?

2. How much brighter from the cagers point-of-view is low HID over oem low bulb regarding conspicuity?

3. Want to unhook modulator from low, leave modulator hooked to high and put 5300k HID in low. This should give me bright HID low for night / low light riding plus can use my modulated high during the day (flashing below HID) to increase conspicuity. I rarely ride at night when i can consistently use high beam. Does this make sense?

Xman and me want to split an order. Thanks in advance HID experts :D

I wanna git in on the HID group buy. I have the Signal Dynamics Headlight Modulator wired to both my high and low beams.

2. How much brighter from the cagers point-of-view is low HID over oem low bulb regarding conspicuity?

3. Want to unhook modulator from low, leave modulator hooked to high and put 5300k HID in low. This should give me bright HID low for night / low light riding plus can use my modulated high during the day (flashing below HID) to increase conspicuity. I rarely ride at night when i can consistently use high beam. Does this make sense?

Xman and me want to split an order. Thanks in advance HID experts :D

The modulator won't live in harmony with the HID... I have noticed that with the HID lo beam that I am much more conspicuous. I've aimed my lights per Warchild's instructions and I don't have people flashing their brights at me... But they DO see me coming and know that I'm behind them in traffic.

The modulator won't live in harmony with the HID... I have noticed that with the HID lo beam that I am much more conspicuous. I've aimed my lights per Warchild's instructions and I don't have people flashing their brights at me... But they DO see me coming and know that I'm behind them in traffic.

+1

Once the HID is ignited it's better to leave alone. The HID is bright enough to get the cagers attention

Right.

A lot brighter, see number 3.

I imagine the HID lowbeam may even be bright enough to render the modulator on a stock bulb almost useless. Hook it up and take a look, there's nothing wrong with your plan.

Redbird wrote:

I imagine the HID lowbeam may even be bright enough to render the modulator on a stock bulb almost useless. Hook it up and take a look, there's nothing wrong with your plan.

My thoughts exactly Tim, but I'm speculating that a modulating high will be of some use in bright sunlight, moreso in diminishing light when your profile is less pronounced. At worse case i should be at least as conspicious as b4 (plus will light up road in low light/night 4 my aging eyes), at best case it should increase my conspicuity nicely. I'm getting too old to be T-boning cagers. Thanks 4 yer input (was patiently waiting), putting order in now, woohoo...

I have the Signal Dynamics Headlight Modulator. It has 2 separate wiring harnessses into high and low which i have both wired currently (alias both modulate). The plan is to disconnect the low going back to oem wiring (taking modulator totally outta da loop) while leaving high hooked to modulator. The low HID shoud have a total disconnect from modulator now being wired to oem. The plan is to have low completely bypass modulatar wiring/blackbox. Right?

Editted:

Whoa, a message got deleted or i gotta lay off da slushies...