CBR1100XX.org Forum

Does anyone know if guages from a 99-00 will work on 97-98?

JasonW

This probably belongs in the garage, but I'm hoping for a quick response.

I've got a line on a relatively cheap set of gauges off of a 99 and was wondering if they would work on my '97. I know that they replaced the sidestand light with the FI light, but that isn't important to me. I just need to know if the harness will hook right up and all the gauges will work.

Does anyone know?

Thanks Steve, but I think that Dean did the conversion and sold it to St. PeteXX. It was on a 01+ as well.

I'm just looking for a replacement dash for my '97 rebuild and found a set off of a '99 that I'm hoping will work without too much drama.

Your memory is good, Corn Husker!  (Or Holer, depending on the mood!!)

LOL. My post count isn't very high, but I've been around awhile. :wink: It's the short-term memory that goes every now and then. 8) :wink:

I think "Holer" is the lesser of two evils. I'm not a big husker fan myself which is almost sacreligious around here.

I guess I should be proud since they did have quite a run there, but I'm just soo tired of all the hype and I'm not a football fan(atic) at all.

You know it's all going downhill when they let Tommy Lee shoot his show there. :roll: But that's a whole 'nother story...................

I did the conversion on my '97.

I purchased the dash panel from a board member. I believe it came out of a '00.

It can be done. The only problem you will have is with the temp gauge. Everything else works perfectly.

You will need the wiring diagram for sure. Not a simple plug-n-play.

Rich

The '97/'98 dash has the sidestand indicator, where the '99/'00 has the FI light in that place. So you'd have to change the wires, not sure how simple it is....

The all digital panel can be switched as well, but it requires the subharnes from the newer bike as well...p# 32102-MAT-A20 ( http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_0351/wir...rness_01-03.cfm )