CBR1100XX.org Forum

Added vibrations??

Cossi

I have noticed a fairly large increase in vibration when I hit 5K rpm. It happens in all gears, and happens at whatever speed, it is consistent at 5K RPM. The only thing I haven't thought to do, is rev it to 5K in neutral. I am not sure if this has always been this way or has really come about recently. It is enough to notice the change in vibration but it isn't like it is going to come apart. Is this normal, or do I need to check a few things?

it's either normal or your balance shafts may have moved a little.

the way i adjust mine, i get more vibration at about 3000 and then up around 7000 - keep in mind everything is relative, and the bird is still HEAPS better than my zx9

alternatively, go through the whole bike - check throttle body synch, chain and sprockets, balance shafts etc.

I don't understand how the chain would cause a vibration at the same RPM in every gear. The chain is rotating at a completely different speed than the engine.

Well... I'm getting alot of vibrations mostly in the footpeg area. It started when my chain got a kink in it. It happens mostly when I'm driving easy, with little stress on it on the freeway.