CBR1100XX.org Forum

stailess steel oil filter

trucker

Hi, and welcome to the club. I haven't heard or read anything about that, so I will pass on to those who are more familiar about these things than I am.

Where in Richmond? I live in williamsburg, but am building a house in Chesterfield which will be finished in October. A few Virginia folks around.

A lot of people, including me, swear by the Purolator Pure One oil filter. Fits perfectly, is considered to be the #1 oil filter made my several tests (FWIW), and can be had for $5 at Advance Auto Parts. filter part number: PL14612.

Griff

yeah, on my previous car (BMW 535is) i awlays used the purolator.......but after reading some of the posts around here there's been much said about the paper on some getting sucked out, not filtering correctly, etc. A lot of bad press about the FRAM ones in paticular. All news to me. ...........I mean damn, how much suction is there on these bikes??? right now i got one of the K&N oil filters on it, probably cause the salesman was taliking so much about it, and I hadn't stumbled onto this forum yet..................I'll give the puro' a shot, i got about another 800 miles before the next oil change but.......uh, yeah!!

very cool filter

i run a filter like that on my cannondale quad and will have this one so i can monitor instead of cuttiing open filters like i do.

great find

thanks trucker