CBR1100XX.org Forum

wax unit

scott s.

Not sure what the wax references are for. But the CCT requires a tool to keep the spring from shooting the foot out before you get it seated. You can use a small screw driver if you want, but you'd have to be able to keep tension on it while you tighten the hex bolts. Not really doable. Every new CCT comes with the tool.

Guest rockmeupto125

It appears you could rebuild the unit in place...but is the frame too close to reach the screws? Anybody with their tank off that could check that out?

I have bought the wax rebuild kit , and yes it can be removed/seperated at the casting joist. The problem is is that it has three philips head screws that must be made of fecking aluminium lol because they strip like a financialy deprived coed. I'm still concidering wether or not to drill the screws, and most likely wont. They don't wanna move using the perfect size philips.

If your coolent has not been deprived at all, and your bird has never puked, i'd be suprized too see this unit malfunction. IMHO

Timely, post, cuz I was wondering about my wax unit.

I had some trouble starting my XX the other day when the engine was cold - about 85 degrees ambient, though.

Finally I reached down and gave some throttle and she started up, but wouldn't idle without a bit of throttle. I tweaked up the idle adjustment and the bike ran ok. Started again ok,...so ok.

I thought either one of my kids had twiddled with daddy's motorcycle - can't blame 'em- or I was still fine tuning my idle having had to make adjustments during my trip to the Rockies. The engine would idle a bit low at altitude, so I'd bump it up. Later, at lower altitude, I'd have to bump her back down.

Now the engine starts ok, but doesn't idle up when starting cold like it used to.

And it seems a bit down on power. I know the air filter is dirty and have one on the way. I thought I'd check my plugs (about 6k on them) and linkages while I was at it. And a good dose of Sea Foam. (I ran what ever gas I could find some of the time.)

What else?