CBR1100XX.org Forum

MIG Question

99Birdman

Just replaces my D&D slipons with MIG Carbon Fibers about a month ago and love the sound. I did notice a significant difference in the powerband. The D&D's used to build steadily until 7000 and then kind of feel like the afterburners kicked in. This is gone with the MIGs. I can't really tell if it's because the D&D's had a flat spot right before the 7000 point (didn't really feel like it) or if the MIG's just don't pull as hard. Without a dyno of both, I know it's kind of an objective feel. Any of you other MIG guys noticed anything similar.

I couldn't actually notice any difference between the two brothers pipes that I had on the bike when I replaced them with MIGs, but after adding the PCII, there was a noticable difference. Not much help, I know, but truly you need the PCII to be able to utilize the MIGs in the most efficient way (i.e. Horsepower).

I went from V&H CF slip-ons to the MIG's and I felt a "ass dyno" gain with the MIG's. I think it was from a lack of back pressure from the V & H's. Not sure, but I have been happy with the MIG's.

MaXX

I really like my migs. Now that i have a custom map, i can feel the difference at the bottom when pulling the front end up. Also coming out of corners i can feel a little bit of difference.

Did i say, that i love the sound of them?

The key question here is "which Mig set-up"?

Both the Migs & the D&D's are pass through cans, very little packpressure generated from the cans alone.

Now - do you have the slip-ons with the low style pipes (like stock), or the "high mount" style?

The "high mount" pipes generate more back pressure the the head because of the bends in the mid pipe, When changing cans (especially with

mid pipes) to a style different than the previous style, I suggest you retune

for better performance.

You should get noticable performance gain with the "high mount" vs. stock

Low mount style..........

I went from the low mount D&Ds to High Mount MIG's. Could the extra bend and resulting backpressure cause the drop in "percieved" power above 7K? In any case, looks like the next additon will be a PCII and map. Any suggestions on the best place to order the PCII and does anyone have the Hi-Mount MIG map? Thanks for all the help, guys.

-Mike

Possible that the change from low mount to high has cahnged the power band and fell the bike "come on the pipe" at a different rpm.

I would strongly suggest going to a power commander -II with the Mig set-up.

You will notice the difference right away!

My bike dyno'd @ 148 h/p with the Mig "high mount" set-up.