CBR1100XX.org Forum

Changing Chain

bhanxx

I'm replacing chain and probably front sprocket, rear looks solid w 20k.

I'm getting ready to order the DID ZVM (which includes rivet link), an extra rivet link , the Motion Pro Breaker/Riveting Tool and AFAM front spocket from www.whitebuffaloracing.com ...

BTW, those guys have competitive prices and give great technical no BS advice. I've ordered from them b4 and they are top notch :thumbsup:

Anyway, when i pull the clutch slave whatever thingy to inspect front sprocket & replace if nessacary, the manual says to replace the gasket.

I've read several of front sprocket threads, but there is no mention of replacing gasket. DO I NEED TO GET THIS ON ORDER FROM HONDA DEALER?

And 4 my fellow MN XX delinquents, I'm ordering the Motion Pro Breaker / Riveting Tool that used guys can use.

And Rick, i will take u up on the offer to show me how to rivet master link u ragin' stallion...

no gaskets needed...and i really have no clue which one the manual would be referring to. the only tip i'd offer is as soon as you get the slave off wrap a couple of zip ties around it to keep the piston in place. it will pop out over a short time.

it was the Haynes manual and the gasket thing look suspicious...

it mentioned (and had pics) of zip ties holding piston though...

mucho thanks...

FORGOT A QUESTION

Do u have to pull the left tupperware panel to change front sprocket/replace chain?

Can a moderator move this to Garage, i screwed up :roll:

But I still found it. :P

You remove both the slave cylinder and the sprocket cover together. Don't need a gasket.

There is one bolt that is short and screws the 2 together, the rest are long and go through both.

The short one you leave alone is the bottom right one in the slave cylinder.

The manual shows this great. :wink:

And 4 my fellow MN XX delinquents, I'm ordering the Motion Pro Breaker / Riveting Tool that used guys can use.

Way to step up Brucie! :wink:

When do you think all of this will be in your hands? We are leaving on Friday for MI and will be back on the 4th. If you can hold out till then, I'll be there brutha. 8)

We are leaving on Friday for MI and will be back on the 4th.

Rick, I ass/u/me that u mean this coming Friday, the 24th, so it won't be in my hands in time since i just ordered everything this morning via ground ups. If it gets too bad, i can just stop riding :shock: for a couple of days. Doing it the 4th or 5th would be great since have both days off.

Mac broke (or did he say wacked) his tool, and i needed to sooner than later...

Pete, thanks for the explanation, that clears things up a lot...

Thanks, it looked like the access was generous and clean enuf when i did a looksee on XX...

So much for Haynes manual being 100% accurate, remove tupperware and replace gasket removing all 3 bolts my sorry ass...

:allhail: Used guys r da greatest, mucho thanks...

I'm getting ready to order the DID ZVM (which includes rivet link), an extra rivet link , the Motion Pro Breaker/Riveting Tool and AFAM front spocket from www.whitebuffaloracing.com ...

BTW, those guys have competitive prices and give great technical no BS advice. I've ordered from them b4 and they are top notch

+1

Those guys ROCK!!!!! They will go out of their way for you EVERY TIME!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...
Can a moderator move this to Garage, i screwed up :roll:

But I still found it. :P

You remove both the slave cylinder and the sprocket cover together. Don't need a gasket.

There is one bolt that is short and screws the 2 together, the rest are long and go through both.

The short one you leave alone is the bottom right one in the slave cylinder.

The manual shows this great. :wink:

I read this AFTER I drain the clutch and remove it from the cover. Hell, it needed to be flushed anyway.

Dameon