CBR1100XX.org Forum

Where did it go?

The Krypt Keeper

This has happened several occasions in the past but this was the first extreme. Couple weeks ago I check my air pressure, front is alittle low back is also.. Air them up. Ride to work for a couple days.. 38F 40R air pressure

This past Saturday morning check pressure, front is now @ 23psi rear is @ 32psi

Caps were tight, got little O-rings in caps, Temp. outside was about the same.. maybe 5 degrees different. Bike sits down stairs in my basement and the temp stays pretty constant since its all concrete, and halfway in the ground.

I don't have any leaks or anything. Buddy at work has similar problems with his KTM. Said he has to air up both tires every couple days cause they leak down a couple psi since new.

This is like the always missing one sock after doing laundry :?

I checked it with 2 tire gauges so where the fuck did all that air go?

K K wrote:

I don't have any leaks or anything.

Now I'm no rocket science major, but, you've got a leak somewhere. If you are 100% sure that your gage is working properly, it time for the soap and water and look for the bubbles.

Replace your tire stems, learn from my mistake.

Front tire went flat (10 psi). Spent an hour checking for a leak in the tire, nothing.

Filled the tire, let it sit over night, it was fine. Road about 100 miles, all slab work, tire still holding pressure. Left for neXXt, tire was fine. Checked it when I got there still good. Did an aggressive ride friday, front end felt goofy, checked the pressure, 10 psi. Replaced the tire, road the saturday ride, got up sunday, tire flat. Don gave me a new stem, replaced it and haven’t had a problem since.

BTY you need a tire stem tool to replace them, 2 minute job

fuzz

Um... would a high rate of speed put undo stress on the little stocker rubber valve stems and cause them to leak off alittle PSI?? You know like triple the speed limit or so? :lol:

I would like to have some pretty shiny chrome blinged out stems as oppose them little fag rubber ones..

as oppose them little fag rubber ones..

Yeah well...

My fag little rubber ones hold a constant air pressure !!!

Yo...dude, check out my shiney valve stems....Yo!

:D