CBR1100XX.org Forum

Left control pod loose on handle bar

Moriartii

Before I go wrenchin on the left contol pod on the 'bird I thought I would throw this out there. It is loose enough that when you pull the choke lever or push on the turn signal switch it will begin to rotate on the handlebar. I have snugged up the screws under the pod but dont want to crack the enclosure (had this happen on my V45 once).

Wondering if ya'all have any suggestions? I was thinking of taking the pod off and putting 3m double sided tape in the mounting groove then reinstalling????? Thoughts????

Thank you.

Kinley

Try removing and wrapping *ONE* layer of electrical tape around the bar where the pod normally resides, and snug your screws back down.

Don't go too heavy on the tape, cuz that will cause a potential situation to strip out your screw holes or worse, crack the control pod body.

Guest rockmeupto125

There's a little dinky sticks out of the control pod into a hole in the bar that locates it exactly. You've probably broken that off during some extremely sexual gyrations that we don't necessarily want to know about.

Well....the first part is serious..... :P

What Joe said. Broke that tab of mine after strapping the bike down hungover last year.

I drilled out where the tab used to be and inserted a small buttonhead screw that now replaces the tab. Probably stronger than it was before.