CBR1100XX.org Forum

new chain on the way

D2

After only 8500 miles i have 2 frozen links on my chain and i can't figure out why. so i'm just replacing it. I ordered the D.I.D 530ZVM from whitebuffaloracing.com and also a motion pro breaker/riveter all for 181.00 shipped to me. i figured it was a good price. only 102.00 for the chain shipped. just wanted to pass along the pricing on the chain thought it was a great deal. would anyone recommed changing out the cam gear with only 8500 miles on it? thanks for any advice.

D2

I think you only need to do that if you've beaten your header pipes into the ground on multiple occasions.

But on a serious note... I would think you would absolutely not need to change that cam out... especially since aren't most your miles sport-touring, not squidly.

edited: fixed my english

Hey Justin, Yea over half of the 8500 are slab, and lord knows i would never ride hard enough to catch air or grind my header pipe :twisted: because that would make me a squid or something.

Which cam gear were you planning to change at 8500 miles? the intake or exaust? (J/K)

If you meant the front sprocket (or countershaft sprocket) I would say no at that mileage.

What chain is on from the factory? I bet it's a RK chain.

Have you been lubing it often enough?

Mine had a RK which at least went 15K miles.

I bought my DID from White buff. also. Glad to see they're still the same low price.

actually i was referring to my front sprocket not cam gear :oops: . yea i lube and check for adjustment all the time. I noticed it when i got back from nexxt. would a really hard landing after catching air possibly cause a link to bind?

would a really hard landing after catching air possibly cause a link to bind?

Nah, I doubt it.

You'd have to do that subsequent times to cause any problems.

Do you do many wheelies?

Is it the master link that's binding? If so, just replace it. Possibly the installer peened it too much?