CBR1100XX.org Forum

mirror extenders....

JuXXtin

Hey Brain... you got a PIC on 'dem bar ends, that might be cool...

Then I got emailed back from the past-owner of that bike and he pointed me to this:

http://cbr.geckobox.net/forum/viewtopic.ph...aluminum+mirror

So, then next, JOHN01XX... can we still them from you like this, or was this a once time thing?

Hey Brain... you got a PIC on 'dem bar ends, that might be cool...

Then I got emailed back from the past-owner of that bike and he pointed me to this:

http://cbr.geckobox.net/forum/viewtopic.ph...aluminum+mirror

So, then next, JOHN01XX... can we still them from you like this, or was this a once time thing?

Sorry no pics but they came out nice and bright. I used a steal wier wheel brush on my hand drill to shine them up. I might get a set of those extenders this spring, black is ok with me.

I'd be interested in a black set of extenders too. My elbows are really cute and everything, but I'm tired of looking at them now... :mrgreen: Besides that, I like seeing other bikes get smaller and smaller and smaller... :lol:

Is the black powdercoat a close enough match to not be noticable on a black Bird if left unpainted?

It may take me two or three weeks (I owe my life and first born child to Visa right now on a CBF bigbore project :lol: ) before I order, but I am guaranteed going to get them from you as soon as possible. :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking on the BikeBits website... :sad: Are the extenders sold out? I don't see an order option there anymore...

Warp,

I took them off temporarily due to being out of stock. It will be about two weeks or so till another batch are made. I sent you a pm as well.

I will post here when they are back in stock.

I had an unexpected run on them about two weeks ago and sold out the last six sets. I usually sell about two sets a month and then suddenly 6 sets sold in two weeks.

One question... :grin:

Is the stock wiring for the signals long enough to stretch without splicing in a new section of wire or connector? I'm just guessing that it is...

One question... :grin:  

Is the stock wiring for the signals long enough to stretch without splicing in a new section of wire or connector? I'm just guessing that it is...

Yes

John I want to order those as well as some other stuff from you. I need to know how best to go about it. Posting here? Or through your web page? Bird board members get any discounted pricing? I'm looking to order clear signals for front and rear, tail light, and the mirror extenders. Let me know what I need to do.

I just want to jump in here and say that John runs a good business, with excellent customer service. I had a special request for a one-off item and he went to his supplier and set the whole thing up for me. I couldn't be a happier customer.

I just want to jump in here and say that John runs a good business, with excellent customer service. I had a special request for a one-off item and he went to his supplier and set the whole thing up for me. I couldn't be a happier customer.

I'll second that!

I got mine from Johns Bike Bits in Ft. Lauderdale. In 2 days! They work great and I am well pleased that I can now actually see what's behind me now.

The wobble a bit at 130+ but that is to be expected. To bad the stock rubber cover isn't as thick at the forward edge where the retainer screw is. It would lock the rubber down better.

I got mine from Johns Bike Bits in Ft. Lauderdale. In 2 days! They work great and I am well pleased that I can now actually see what's behind me now.

The wobble a bit at 130+ but that is to be expected. To bad the stock rubber cover isn't as thick at the forward edge where the retainer screw is. It would lock the rubber down better.

Just adjust the screw.

Holds it fine on mine.