CBR1100XX.org Forum

Service - advice??

nomuseo

I have a 00 Fi with 2500 miles on it, i'm planning on doing oil/filter change & seen all the debates on that one, but a couple of questions from a time (rather than mileage) perspective......... should I need to change the Air Filter ( I would say yes given it has probably not been changed since the bike was new - this will be obvious once I drag it out), more importantly should I check or replace spark plugs (pig of a job I understand - so if you are going to check them, you may as well replace I guess?)

I got the bike in July last year with 900 miles on it, so it had not had a hard life, also the owner said he had changed the oil/filter each year as a matter of course, which I believe (not many 75 year olds lie!).

Cheers

Pete

Plugs and air filter only deteriorate when in use. I wouldn't worry about it in the least bit. I just changed both my air filter AND plugs a couple weeks ago, with 14K miles the air filter was ready but the plugs looked like new.

I would change the oil, oil filter, fork oil, brake fluids, clutch fluid, oil chain, lube the head bearings, check the chain tension, and go ride!