CBR1100XX.org Forum

Finally......after nine years of production....

Guest rockmeupto125

Got my recall notice yesterday ('03). I'm not sure what good this recall is going to be, however. The recall

states that if my rear brake is found to be leaking, the dealer will repair it. Well, what if it's not leaking now

but starts leaking later? If I've already had the recall service and it's NTF, then WTF? Do I then have to pay

for the repair myself?

I was thinking the same thing. They [Honda] should just replace the dam thing!!! So you take your bike in and its not leaking will they even look at it? Then your riding one day and it starts to leak! IM going to give Honda a call and ask the same thing. Will let you all know what they say. :???:

Got mine done with the break-in service (dayum, that was expensive for an oil change) on Weds. afternoon. There is a test procedure that must be performed. It is a pass/fail test that determines the need of repair and/or replacement, according to my local Honda dealership technician. The proportioning valve is compressed by placing a jack under the caliper. A measurement is taken from the base of PCV piston to housing, this measurement is then rechecked in thirty minutes. If the distance has shortened during this time, you need the fix. No repair kits have been shipped from Honda. They will not be shipped until the dealers have determined that a repair is needed and place the order. Mine was not one of the bikes affected. The o-ring that is in question was manufactured .002mm oversize. Apparently this causes stiction that shouldn't be there and will not allow full and rapid return of the PCV which in turn allows a small amount of fluid to "wick" out of the valve. YMMV, but I doubt it... :mrgreen:

Warp, thanks for the info. I just received my notice in the mail the other day and was waiting to hear results such as yours before taking the Bird in for inspection.

Got mine done with the break-in service on Weds. afternoon. There is a test procedure that must be performed. It is a

pass/fail test that determines the need of repair and/or replacement, according to my local Honda dealership technician.

Thanks for the detailed information.