CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake Lines

X1rider

Any one have comments on Stainless Steel braided brake lines for the XX?

I know Speigler makes a 9 line set ($430.00! ouch) for it, and I have heard Goodridge makes some, just wanted to know if any one can post pictures, fitment problems, etc.

If I have to spend several hundred dollars for high performance lines, I might have to get my own kit and do it myself. :wink:

Galfer has the good price, either both brakes or brake and the clutch combo.....

However you have to like the "chrome" banjos..... :roll:

Anyone has the front brakes/clutch lines with the stock bars ?

Remember the length ?

Carlo(s) used to show the length on the main page for the Helli bars though. I think it was 32.5" and 31", IIRC.....

Anybody ?

Cheers,

Not true Jojo....

The full kit from Spigler replaces all the lines and saves the CBS (LBS here...) that's why it's so expansive. I think it's total of 9 lines ~ $450....

If you go just the basic two fron't lines, you only discard the solid junction tubing, but you still retain the linked brakes.

Cheers,

birdie xx is correct spiegler lines have you remove the 2 hard lines from the right caliper side to the left side and replaces them with steel braided lines still retains the LBS no problems also get the clutch line big improvment.