CBR1100XX.org Forum

new onboard electonics advice needed

XXodus

I getting ready to hook up a Garmin V gps and an xm radio to the bike. I have the ram mounts for the clutch and brake resuvours, but I need to know the best way to set up the electrical. I want the electrical to be semi permanant

I'm leaning towards installing an aux. fuse box from aero stitch or other retailor. As opposed to individual inline fuses for each device. Future devices will include a communications device (chatterbox or autocom), and a radar detector. Any suggestions on manufacturers? I'm not patient enough to make my own fuse box like Carlos did a few years ago. Should I use cigarett lighter adapters or those british connectors like on beamers and triumphs?

thanks

Most definitely go with an aux. fuse panel. It's the safest and most professional way to go for any electrical accessory.

I got my fuse panel from the local Murray's Auto Parts but I don't remember the manufacturer. Most marine and automotive audio dealers will have them as well.

Also, stay away from cigarette lighters! The bikes vibration can cause all kinds of issues. I'm fairly certain that the ones BMW uses are made by Powerlet. Thye have gotten rave reviews from everyone I have spoken with.

Jeff

thanks Jeff

Is there a significant difference between what you would buy at an auto parts store and a "bike" specificfuse block? I assume not, but I don't do a lot of wrenching and even less electrical. Powerlets is where I was going to go for the wiring components.

thanks Jeff

Is there a significant difference between what you would buy at an auto parts store and a "bike" specificfuse block?  I assume not, but I don't do a lot of wrenching and even less electrical.  Powerlets is where I was going to go for the wiring components.

Wanna make it simple??? Click here http://www.casporttouring.com/store/mercha...ategory_Code=El

Here's what ya get...

ec_pp-univ.jpg

All you need besides that is a good ground block and you're in business.