CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help with LED's in Clear blinkers

Helvet

I have Clear Alternative blinkers front and rear. I use the supplied chrome blinkers, but the light is too little.

I would like to buy or make orange LEDs, that will fit in the housing or fitting. Does anybody have any ideas? The type of LEDs I would like are like the ones used in the brakelights, replacing the original bulbs.

I am trying to chose which type of LED-bulb will work. According to the Haynes manual the original bulbs for the blinkers in the USA-models is: Front 32/3 cp x 2 en Rear 32 cp x 2.

Does this mean you have 32 Watt blinkers? In Europe we have 21 Watts in our blinkers. Can someone please verify this for me.

Did anyone already try these LED's? I have to make quite a big order for shipping to Holland, and if it doesn't work.......

I think we will go for: Blinkers - Type: 24 Led Matrix Bulb - 1156 Amber

http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm

Rear/Brakelight - Type: 25 Led matrix Bulb - 3157 Red

http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

Any input about this? Do any of you use other types?

I have black tinted lenses for the front turn signals. I would like to install brighter bulbs. Because of the designe of the reflector I amnot sure LEDs are the best choice. Who has replaced their front turn signal bulbs and with what? I installed hyperlites for rear turnsignals to increase the visibility. Those suckers are seriously bright!!! I bought the 16 light unit, but I am sure you only need the eight.

I've tried a number of different LED bulbs on the 'Bird... The wide angle helps, but they are still somewhat directional and not much light get to the reflector. So instead of the whole turn signal/brake lense lighting up, you get a rather small (but very bright) spot that is hard to see. Oh, and those are the exact LEDs (ie. same site) that I've tried.