CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI lit up n engine cuts off..

amstar31

I have this problem on my 00'blackbird.. When temperature hit abt 3/4 of the gauge the FI start to lit up without any blinks? I ever experience that it try to cut off the power of the engine when i was moving.. i had it checked n the mechanic replace my thermostat but the problem appears again.. Is there any other way for me to troubleshoot it or do i need to reset the FI?

Guest rockmeupto125

Disconnect the battery. Clean the ground wire where it attaches to the frame. Reconnect the battery. Your fuel injection computer will be reset. If that doesn't fix it, then take it to another mechanic who knows what he is doing.

The 99-00 loom fault seems to be really taking effect now, must have been over 20 bikes I've heard of this year, including mine :sad: and that's just the tip of the iceberg no doubt. You can't find that block on any wiring diagram in the official Honda or Haynes manuals. Recently found out that it's just used to plug in and check the electronics when it's built then that's it, it's of no further use and they just tape it up, piss poorly of course, to the main loom.

16 of the 19 wires that go into it are earth related so it's no wonder it causes problems all over the bike when it starts to corrode.