CBR1100XX.org Forum

What happens when you lowside with framesliders...

XXFirefighter

Here are the pics finally from the request of seeing what happens after a lowside... yes it was pulled right out...

Any questions..

These are the sliders that replace the fairing screw....

The sliders that were used in place of the engine bolts were just fine...

Will be getting another set from the UK !

hole1.jpg

hole2.jpg

hole3.jpg

hole4.jpg

hole5.jpg

hole6.jpg

WAY BIG BUMMER!

You know if you just would have Tapped that thing out in the first place, you would of had more thread to hold it in there. :razz:

Heh..

I just dont' think it's a good place for sliders is all...

Now the sliders that go into the enging mounts are a different story. Those worked VERY well !

Don't lowside (or god forbid highside), or do both on same crash, DOH :shock: at speed ! At best they will save some expensive tupperware on a 5-0 mph transitional mishap or act of galactic stupidity.

Examine the size of the bolts, no way other than very low speed or less impact. Tipover protection at best at very low speed or 0 mph.

I've had 2 tipovers at less than 5 mph or less did their job very good, at 25mph impaled themselves in tupperware big time, both lowside and highside sides.

I buy/use 'em cause I know it's not if, but when, I drop it at very low speeds. If I crash at higher speeds, have a good insurance policy!

XXfirefighter, (or anybody else for that matter)

1. Which frame mounted (engine bolt) sliders were/are you using?

2. How much are they?

3. Where do you get them?

4. What EXACTLY are they made out of?

5. Also, if there's something with measurements on them I'd like to see it...

I am in with the Tool Room guys and I'm sure they'd let me use one of the lathes to make my own sliders out of nylon... but I need to know which nylon it's made of so I can order the right stuff.

Thanks,

Mike

EDIT: I've found a couple places that have engine mount sliders for the XX, but have yet to find a picture of what they look like... any help with that??

I have PURPOSEFULLY laid the bike down with my sliders to see how they would react.. The right side is okay.. the lower fairing will still scrape, but the laft side. the metal crank cover scrapes. I am thinking about a set of lower bobbins to have the bird rock between them.Mine are engine bolts.. I have yet to use them in a real situation.... knock on wood.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf0...8e5930000001610