CBR1100XX.org Forum

Givi Wingrack Q

Stealth

I hate the wing rack indicators.. can you fit a wing rack without the indicators, if you fit mini ones inplace of the OEM?

Secondly does the monorack fit at the same time as the 2 case wingrack? I have a custom made rack that uses the franken bolts and was hoping to add the two case wing rack with it. Failing that I will just remove it and get a 3 case rack....

Oh and ay opinion on the optional stop ligth for the top box... worth it?

Thanks for the help

Shorten the stockers, and the Wingrack will fit.

To shorten the stockers, there's a step by step on the main site, or just remove the plastic center part of the stock signals.

Hookman49 did this to his, and it works just great on his Givi setup.

Like so-

35239637.jpg

Takes about half an hour, and it's pretty much free. Instructions on the main site are good, except one thing- there's no need to cut off the rubber extenders (if it still says to do that, been a couple years since I read it), just stick a small phillips into the hole once the signal is removed and remove the screw holding it on. Same hole the wires come out of, I think.

What is the link for shortening the stock signal-lights? I can't find it.... (yes, I know I am blond and Dutch, go figure....)

Go to www.cbr1100xx.org , then click on "modifications", click on "shortened turn signals and license plate" - or something like that.

Thanks for the info re the indicators... I will shorten them...

Any ideas on the other Q's ? :)

Secondly does the monorack fit at the same time as the 2 case wingrack?

Oh and ay opinion on the optional stop ligth for the top box... worth it

I have the stop-light in the top-case. It is very well visible, but after 4 years one of the LED's gave up on me, and can't be replaced. Also, there is a special connector available for the top-box mounted in the mountingplate, but you must buy it with the case! It does not come separately. If you buy it later on, you must drill a hole in the case, and use loose wires. Not very pretty, and everytime you have to connect it again....

Secondly does the monorack fit at the same time as the 2 case wingrack?  

Oh and ay opinion on the optional stop ligth for the top box... worth it

As designed, they won't fit together, but if you are handy then it could be done, I guess.....

I like the additional break light and many customers go for it, but not everybody.

One thing to remember - if you have three bags and install the light, only this one case will mount then on the top. Some people like the fact that it doesn't matter which bag goes where.... it changes when you add the plug.

Cheers,

P.S. BTW, if you go with the short OEM t.signalls and the side bags, they won't be visible from the side in the daylight......

Good point re the visibility of the turn signals... but is that really a drama? If someone is beside you, then they aren't going to see it any way? I guess it depends on how far back you have to be to see it... Well we'll find out. The Givi lights cost AU$90 extra :!: :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking at the links for shortening the OEM signals... I realised that the how to's are for the Square indicators...mine are the European Model. The lights are diamond shaped, and the stalks are tapered, and shaped like the cross section of a plane wing! There is also no rubber boot. Don't suppose anyone has done the mod on this type of indicators?????