CBR1100XX.org Forum

EFI Codes

Northman

Chris - the sidestand method is when your FI light is stuck on, if it is it's just run the motor with the sidestand down and under 5000 rpm it will flash the codes, if the light isn't showing when it runs and you want to get a stored code from it then it's the hotwiring of the service check under the seat by the rear light. Is that what you want?

The hotwiring is - white 3 pin connector block in rubber boot under the seat near the tail light. Ignition OFF, use a piece of wire to bridge the two outer connections in the block, Ignition ON (BUT DON'T START IT)- if the FI light just stays on constant there are no stored faults, if there are it will flash the codes with a short gap between each one.

I'm betting on 25 :wink:

What's 25 for?

I get a quick flash when I first turn the key on, then what looks to be 17, followed by 8, then 9.

Then, I get a long blink, then another long blink followed by 2 short blinks.

Then one long followed by 3 shorts, one long followed by 4 shorts, one long followed by 5 shorts.

Then the whole process repeats itself.

What's my damage?

First, a long blink (1.3 seconds per the manual) is equivalent to ten blinks. The example in the manual is one 1.3 second blink followed by 2 short (0.5 second) blinks equals 12 blinks.

When you have more than one failure, the lowest number is displayed first. If you get one short blink and then two short blinks, you have both failures one and two.

25 is knock sensor

1 is MAP sensor

there's no 17, but 18(one long and eight shorts) is cam pulse generator

8 is TP sensor

9 is IAT sensor

12(one long and two shorts) is #1 injector

13(one long and three shorts) is #2 injector

14(one long and four shorts) is #3 injector

15(one long and five shorts) is #4 injector

Dang Chris, what happened? I can try to scan these pages and e-mail them if you need me to. Let me know.

I'm home now, so may just clear the codes and go with it.

It happened last night. Fired the bike up, ran it for a minute at the most, then went on my way. About a half mile of 30, then pulled on the highway.

Ripped through 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and the light came on at the end of 4th gear, about 150.

Stayed on for the duration home, but hasn't come on since.

I've just had the engine done, and we were chasing problems, etc. It's possible I didn't unhook the battery since we were unhooking things, including the PCII.

Seems to run fine, so I'll clear the codes (all of them), and see what, if anything, comes up next.

Thanks for the info, guys :grin:

The really cool thing about that is he's one tooth up on the front sprocket.

On mine it makes the speedo show 5 MPH higher than the GPS at 160. So 160 on the speedo is really 155 on the gps.

I'd say if his speedo showed 185 he was very likely around 180. :grin: