CBR1100XX.org Forum

help with front wheel

D2

When I replaced the front wheel a month ago i've noticed a strange sound from the front. when you hand spin it the wheels drags on one half of the wheel, obviously it's out of alignment, I thought with the axel bolt it would be perfectly straight, apparently not. How can i get it to line up correctly. any help appreciated, i gotta be ready for the ride to nexxt.

Thanks dave b

D2

P.s. do i have to lube the axle bolt also?

Yeah, what they said.

And the front tire looks Cupped!!!

Get'er Done Big D, it aint long until you leave for Geneva!!!

XXTC

If you need a new rotor, I have the originals from my 99 that are still in good shape, just let me know. I know I do Not have new front bearings, but do have the seals also. Just let me know

If it only drags through half of it's rotation, then something is bent - like a rotor.

Push the pads back on one caliper, then rotate the tire again. If the drag is gone, that rotor is bent.

Repeat for the other side.

If nothing changes, try pushing both calipers back at once, as both rotors may be bent.

An axle out of alignment will still allow the wheel to spin straight in relation to the forks & calipers, just not in relation to the frame of the bike.

Do you feel pulsation through the brake lever when braking around highway speeds?

I actually did as joe described and redid the wheel placement, I had to pull the left fork out a little then tighten the 2 bolts. walah noise all gone.

thanks for everybodys advice, excellent as usual

D2