CBR1100XX.org Forum

Complete gasket set

Red J

I have been in contact with Ron Ayers Honda about getting a complete gasket set for my blackbird. I haven't had any luck with them, to tell me what all is included. My main concern is if the o-rings, seals and other non "gaskets" are included, as the price for the gasket set would indicate.

In short, the price is more than the contents, if they are just gaskets.

TIA.

J.

Cometic makes a bottom end gasket set, that includes all gaskets, escept for cylinder head and valve cover.

O-rings are not included, and can be re-used if in good condition. This includes water outlet O-rings, oil cooler line seals, etc. You will need to buy the seals (countershaft, shifter shaft, clutch push rod, etc) also.

I re-used all of my O-rings, and my valve cover gasket, with no leaks.

Cometic makes a bottom end gasket set, that includes all gaskets, escept for cylinder head and valve cover.

O-rings are not included, and can be re-used if in good condition. This includes water outlet O-rings, oil cooler line seals, etc. You will need to buy the seals (countershaft, shifter shaft, clutch push rod, etc) also.

I re-used all of my O-rings, and my valve cover gasket, with no leaks.

Grr. Not getting my notifications emailed to me.

I ordered the Honda sets. I probably could have gone with the Cometic, I didn't realize that they sold them.

I have to make at least one more order from RA, for the rings and bearings. I planned to pick up anything else that I don't have at that time. My bike, being older than yours, will probably get new O-rings. I hate leaks.

Thanks.

J.

The gasket sets include damn near everything.

There are no seals for the countershaft, nor the clutch push cable, but it looks like the seals for everything else are there. I'll post again after the motor is back in action, for future reference.

J.