CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Economy Problems

Tarkor

I get about 200 miles to a tank when running interstate. But then, I only weigh 160 lbs.

I have eeked out 400 kms on a tank I was nervous when I filled up. The fuel light blinks, it takes 10 litres. I like this as I'm able to gage how far I can ride when lite blinks. Enjoy the ride. I really don't give a "rat's ass" what my fuel milage is, cause that was my last consideration when I bought the Bird. :grin:

My '99 would constantly get 31 - 33 MPG, which was disapointing considering HONDA salles pitch stating better fuell mileage on the FI model v. the carburated one - my '97 would get about 35 MPG....

Then I hit the 31K and had a service done on it (apparently the valves were in specs... :cool: ).....Ever since then I'm getting 40MPG and sometimes even more :grin:

And that's with the GIVI bags, that suppose to "drag" and "lower" the fuell economy.... :roll:

:wink: :twisted:

BTW, Chicago and Midwest have gas with more oxygen than most of the country. I usually get better mileage when touring.... :cool:

Cheers,

fuel light comes on at 136 as usual. Stop for gas at 151 miles, bike takes 4.7 gallons.

ditto, except i don't get a fuel light (flashing) until about 160 miles.

i wonder if the fuel light predicts remaining mileage or if it's run simply on amount of gas left because i could swear i'm putting 4.7 gallons in it and i've been running an open 50 mile hwy 1 way to work these days instead of the round trip grind of splitting lanes mostly :grin:

If I remember correctly.. the absolute best I have ever gotten was 42mpg on the superslabe going to daytona. The worst I have ever gotten was 21 mpg riding around locally with the crew.