CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone running MEZ3's??

BDAZ XX

I am continplating a 4000 mi ride on the superslab (I-40) in a couple of weeks and have a nearly new set of MEZ3's off my RC. I'll burn the center up, but will they last the round trip???

TIA :grin:

when i first got my bird and had to get a new rear tire the guy at the bike shop recommended the 4. he said that most of his friends were running the 3s and getting less than 3k out of them. gobs of grip though. i havent tried 'em myself.

I just finished up a ride on I-40. (from North Carolina to Amarillo Texas) Never saw so many friggin trucks in my life. They get bunched up in packs of 8-12, and there is always one trucker trying to pass the entire pack at a speed differential of about 1/2 mph.

Oklahoma does NOT maintain I-40 worth a shit. I'd hate to ride that road on a BlackBird with the stock suspension.

Watch out for women driving in Memphis. For some unknown reason, they think it is OK to share a lane with a motorcycle. Happened to me four times.....but only while I was passing through Memphis.

Oh yeah, back to the subject. You will probaby fry your MEZ3 rear tire completely, but you should make it. Better to use up those tires completely, then to flat spot a brand new set.