CBR1100XX.org Forum

Continental "ContiRoadAttack" tires for the XX?

Hurricane

Wondering if anyone has tried Continental tires for the XX and what opinions you may have if you have tried them. Was thinking of the new ContiRoadAttack

ThanX!

http://www.conti-online.com/generator//www...dattack_en.html

http://www.conti-online.com/generator//www...dattack_en.html

They say:

"New developed Sport-Touring tyre: ContiRoadAttack

The ContiRoadAttack is new high-performance sport-touring tyre with a unique tread pattern. Newly developed High-Impact 0° Steel Belt tyre giving the performance of a sports tyre and the mileage of a touring tyre"

ThanX for your reply, Furbird. I just don't hear many people talking about the Continental brand, good or bad. The MeZ6's that are on now are about ready for a change out. Would like to try something different. Seriously considering Continental's Road Attack tire. Seem to be too new and not yet widely available. The best price I've found yet is:

http://www.onoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchan...TINENTAL-STREET

But, shipping is kinda high... still they can be had delivered for two bills.

Again, I appreciate your feedback!

:smokin:

WOW that is cheap! You can't get a set of ContiForces for that money. I didn't check shipping, but if it's about $10 a tire, it's normal. Tires are expensive because of size and awkward shape, not weight. I might have to scoop a set of those pretty quick.

Y'all think the Avon 45 front I have will work good with a Conti Attack rear? It is fine with the POS Dunlop 220 and is a GREAT improvement over the stock 205 front. Don't really want the rear a lot stickier than the front.

I've been looking at the Road Attacks as well. There is a pretty good review of them in the latest CW and the author praises their performance in the wet as well. I think I'll try a pair!

These tires interest me too. I read the write up in Sport Rider, especially liked the part about deeper than normal tread.

With that tread profile (or lack of which) it should be impossible for the front to cup.

My Z6's are doing ok, so I'm hoping some of you guys mount these tires and give us all feedback. :bike:

I'm going to order one tomorrow. Only need the back one since the Avon on the front only has about 2K on it. The tires look like they would work well on the bird.

I'll let you know how the rear handles the twisties in a couple weeks, especially after the dragon and sexxt.

Since I've owned the bird, I've never had a set of matched tires on it. I feel, as long as the front has good tread on it, run it. I was thinking about putting an Avon rear on it, but the Attack just looks better to me. I have never been a fan of rear tires with a lot of grooves cut into them. The front moves the water out of the way for the rear, and the more rubber on the ground when accelerating, the better.

Jimmystartup, it did the same thing to me. Then I figured out that I hit the scroll part of my mouse while it was highlited and it went to "next day air". Click on "ground" then click on the white part of the page so it doesn't do that. 198.00 shipped to me (didn't order them, just had to check)

Just got through ordering a rear from them. 120.09 to my door. Not bad at all. That's cheaper than most tires without shipping included. Should be here in about a week. :grin:

Guess I'll be the pig (Don't know how to spell guenny :oops: )

They have a write up in the latest issue of Sport Rider and Motorcyclist I believe. Just read about them the last time I took a shit. They took a test ride over in Europe and loved them. Even ran em on a barely thawed road and still stuck. Excellent wet weather traction. Something to do with the makeup of the rubber compound and carbon black content. The tread grooves are 7mm deep compared to 5mm for most other tires. 0 degree steel belts. more flexible carcas with stickier rubber compound. Bigger footprint on road. yada yada yada

the mag liked em. They say there in the hunt with the other big manufactures with this tire.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked out the Conti's "in the flesh" at my dealer.

Noted some things you guys might want to know.

They're made in Korea, not Germany. There is a sticker on them about 42 PSI being the min. pressure. On the sidewall 42 is the max press. So I geuss you WILL run 42 PSI. :roll:

There was a lot of rubber flashing from the molding process hanging off the rear I looked at. Will need trimmed off.

The dealer wanted $136 for the rear. :roll:

I'll wait and see what Southwest mototires wants when they offer them.

If the rear is like $100 I might get them.

I just bought a set of Road Attacks from Ride Motorsports in WA for 232 including the state tax. I looked at the side walls and they say Made in Germany, Max Speed 186MPH so I am puzzled about Pete's made in Korea comment.

Have not worn them in yet but they track really nice on the highway and do not hunt along cracks and fissures badly paved roads like my old POS Dunlop 205G.

The Tread is sure cool. :lol:

Received my set of road attacks on Tues. Front made in Korea, rear made in Germany. Be a while before they are installed. Bought because of good deal. 30% off, plus I had a credit at the Honda dealer, plus my regular 15% off. I think they owe me money :shock:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jetpilot5

I'm having a set put on as I type. I haven't really read any owner reports so far, but I thought I'd try them. They certainly look cool. :cool: