CBR1100XX.org Forum

Installed NEP CC3 throttle lock yesterday!!!!

Pete in PA

Just thought I'd pass along how I installed my throttle lock.

I followed a lot of what Carlos did, but I decided to utilize the hole in the bottom of the switch housing.

I removed the brake lever, it was constantly in my line of sight.

removed grip and bar end weight, took out screws for switch housing.

Placed flat plate from lock on switch housing and marked through hole in housing onto plate. I drilled a hole in the lock just slightly undersized for the screw I used.

I used a screw from an Erector set (first thing I found) :lol: and threaded it into the plate on the lock. It is just slightly smaller in diameter than the switch housing hole so it can still drain or breathe whatever it has to. If you have any binding with the rubber grip against the lock and/or bar weight cut out a plastic doughnut from a milk carton or what I found which was black, a microwave TV dinner tray.

Now onto how I heard to put grips on. Make sure all old glue dirt etc. is off grips and bars. Use spray on electrical parts/contact cleaner, brake cleaner a close second, saturate the inside of the grip and slide it on. It will dry and the grip is on. No mess. To remove at a later time, slide the straw up the grip and spray it again and work it loose, again no mess.

Pete mentioned:

'If you have any binding with the rubber grip against the lock and/or bar weight cut out a plastic doughnut from a milk carton or what I found which was black, a microwave TV dinner tray.'

After installing the throttle lock, I noticed that the grip was binding a little.

As I didn't want to go through the trouble of removing and reinstalling the grip to put a 'donut' on... I rolled the grip back a little and cut off the rubber edge that goes over the ridge on the throttle tube. The modification is not noticeable and allows for more play between the grip and the throttle lock.

Works fine now :grin: