CBR1100XX.org Forum

GOLD VALVE INFO.

T REXX14

I was hoping to pick the minds of the knowlagable. Awhile back when we did the Penske shock group buy I also picked up a set of the longer fork springs from Rick. Shock is awesome and the springs are still in the box. This winter I bought a new set of Gold valves and preload adjusters and I am getting ready to tear into the front end. I know the Racetech website gives baselines on the shim stack, but during some searching here I had seen some of you did or know how to make them tits the first go'round. If anyone can help me with some setup and fork tricks that would be great. 2oo lbs, ride 2up loaded 10-15 % of the time. I want it to soak up the shitty cali potholes but be decent at speed. Post up or P.M. me.

Thanks in advance! John

I was hoping to pick the minds of the knowlagable. Awhile back when we did the Penske shock group buy I also picked up a set of the longer fork springs from Rick. Shock is awesome and the springs are still in the box. This winter I bought a new set of Gold valves and preload adjusters and I am getting ready to tear into the front end. I know the Racetech website gives baselines on the shim stack, but during some searching here I had seen some of you did or know how to make them tits the first go'round. If anyone can help me with some setup and fork tricks that would be great. 2oo lbs, ride 2up loaded 10-15 % of the time. I want it to soak up the shitty cali potholes but be decent at speed. Post up or P.M. me.

Thanks in advance! John

John, while I don't have the shim stack info for you, I'd advise you to find out about reshimming the rebound side at the same time. You could give Rick a call at Cogent or GP Suspension. They've done a good number of BB front ends too.

Glad ya like the shock!

Hank

Thanks in advance! John

John, while I don't have the shim stack info for you, I'd advise you to find out about reshimming the rebound side at the same time. You could give Rick a call at Cogent or GP Suspension. They've done a good number of BB front ends too.

Glad ya like the shock!

Hank

Hank,

Thanks for the heads up on the rebound. I may give Rick a call if need be. I just dont want to interrupt their work day. I know its hard to get everything done when you own a small business.....

I had seen that Dudedain(sp?) and a couple others had some insight to making them work well. But it looks like he hasnt posted in awhile. Anyone else feel free to chime in. I will do some more searching.