CBR1100XX.org Forum

Kitchen and dining room remodel

BDAZ XX

100 day transformation on a freinds kitchen and she turned out pretty nice I think.

I removed a wall, installed a curved drop ceiling to define the kitchen area, installed new dimmer lighting all round, mounted surround sound speakers in the ceiling, HDTV wiring in the media wall, custom built the entertainment system including a granite counter top on it and indirect lighting, tile floor on the entry, kitchen and den, new custom made cabinets for kitchen, new island w/ built in light controls and electric stove, installed a cool stainless/glass vent top, undercounter/cabinet lighting, new stainless steel appliances, granite counter and back splash and even made him some nifty large and small granite coasters with the scrap backsplash leftovers.

All thats left is the flat screen on the media wall (where the picture hangs).

113294708.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Before and after

large.jpglarge.jpg

113134361.jpg

Before and after

large.jpglarge.jpg

There's some more shots in my PBase album if anyone wants to peek. Plus some other projects I have done.

More pics

Thanks guys, it was a fun project. He was real easy to work with giving me free reign to build it however I wanted, he just wanted something easy to clean, irish pub colored cabs and modern looking. The biggest part of the project was getting power to and from the island through the concrete floor. That was "FUN" but worthwhile since the island was a major focal point in the kitchen.

Now onto the next kitchen remodel.................Thankfully its not as elaborate at this one. :icon_biggrin:

Hey Randy,

What is that little entertainment center type shelve unit behind the kitchen there?? Just curious.

Kitchen looks fabulous!

Thanks!

I made it from scratch. Birch plywood and boards. I ran all wiring through the wall behind the left side cabinet so all of the components can plug right into the appropriately labeled plugs. HDMI to TV, all speakers, TV Cable all are plug and play. The center section has indirect lighting below the black granite top which is turned on by the wall switch above the left side unit as well. It will light up the glass shelf that I will install once it comes in later this week.

Wow!!! Fantastic!!!

Anytime you want to come visit here in Alaska you are more than welcome. Though I may need assistance on some home projects while you are here. :icon_biggrin: