CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help !!!!

Marko

Guys.

Just tell me... I'm an idiot.... :icon_redface:

I managed to make a hole to my radiator while changing header....don't ask how, since even I don't know how the fuck I did it :icon_twisted:

What's the best way to fix it ? Or is there reliable way ??

BR,

Marko

Guys.

I managed to make a hole to my radiator while changing header....don't ask how, since even I don't know how the fuck I did it :icon_twisted:

BR,

Marko

I have successfully solidered car and truck radiators in the past but you need to be very carefull that you do not over heat it and cause more leaks.

How big is the hole?

You need to clean off all the paint right down to bare aluminum and use a soft preferably silver based solider it will take the vibration better than most others, and don't for get to use flux.

LOL

Guys.

BR,

Marko

I have successfully solidered car and truck radiators in the past but you need to be very carefull that you do not over heat it and cause more leaks.

How big is the hole?

You need to clean off all the paint right down to bare aluminum and use a soft preferably silver based solider it will take the vibration better than most others, and don't for get to use flux.

LOL

I'm just too lazy to do it myself, so it might be best if just I take it to professionals....or I just don't trust my own capabilities anymore...

The hole is not that big. When I opened the cap, it took really long time (might be still running) to get radiator empty.

Thanks for the tips.

Yes, take it to the professionals. Most of the time they use a really tough epoxy to seal everything off. They do this stuff all the time and cheaply too.

Thanks all for comments.

Took my radiator for professional repair and got it fixed in few hours.

They even painted it, so it looks pretty much like new one.

Now it's already back where it belongs and bike runs like a dream.

This is interesting as one of the guys here in Aus on OzBB got a small hole in his radiator and was told it could not be repaired so had to get a new one - big $$$ :icon_surprised:

• 2 weeks later...
This is interesting as one of the guys here in Aus on OzBB got a small hole in his radiator and was told it could not be repaired so had to get a new one - big $$$ :icon_surprised:

Hmm.... :icon_think:

As I was talking to guys at radiator repair place, they said that most of the radiators that have just small leaks, can be fixed pretty easily.

Don't know what's defined as small leaks... :icon_rolleyes: