CBR1100XX.org Forum

Time for an oil change

N1K

Redd moved to St'allis! MOvin up in the world eh Redd? :icon_evilgrin:

Rich, if its not a hassle I'll take one off your hands... you should have my cell, but I'll pm it to you. if I'm not home, I'll leave some money on the deck or something.

I could only be so lucky to move to Stallis....

Stallis guys are so HOT!!! :icon_evilgrin:

Check your male box when you get home, Nik.

Nice Happy Face in your driveway. Gave me a huge grin to see it and know how it got there.

WOO HOO... POST 3000!

:icon_think:

So, Honda makes their own filters? Right there in Japan, with the same quality and engineering that goes into their automobiles and motorcycles.

And here I thought they bought them from an outside source, and had Honda labels put on!

They do buy them from an outside source. Lots of automotive parts come from outside sources. The proprietory source for Honda is not allowed to sell filters to the aftermarket. It's a violation of their contract. Regardless, Honda's OE filter is different than the aftermarket alternatives; Fram, Wix Puro, etc.

I'm not sure what your point is so please elaborate.

My point was regarding this part of your post:

Have you ever cut open an OE filter and compared it to a non-OE filter?

You don't need to have much background knowledge to see the difference.

All of the non-OE filters are made in either China or Taiwan by one of 3 companies.

Where is the Honda OEM one made? (I'm not be sarcastic, I'm just curious if it's made in those countries.)

I really like the Mobil 1 filters... and I've seen the innards. I wouldn't use Fram now if they were free... I'd rather spend ten dollars on a quality oil filters... kinda like paying $4-8 per quart of quality oil.

WOO HOO... POST 3000!

:icon_think:

So, Honda makes their own filters? Right there in Japan, with the same quality and engineering that goes into their automobiles and motorcycles.

And here I thought they bought them from an outside source, and had Honda labels put on!

They do buy them from an outside source. Lots of automotive parts come from outside sources. The proprietory source for Honda is not allowed to sell filters to the aftermarket. It's a violation of their contract. Regardless, Honda's OE filter is different than the aftermarket alternatives; Fram, Wix Puro, etc.

I'm not sure what your point is so please elaborate.

My point was regarding this part of your post:

Have you ever cut open an OE filter and compared it to a non-OE filter?

You don't need to have much background knowledge to see the difference.

All of the non-OE filters are made in either China or Taiwan by one of 3 companies.

Where is the Honda OEM one made? (I'm not be sarcastic, I'm just curious if it's made in those countries.)

I really like the Mobil 1 filters... and I've seen the innards. I wouldn't use Fram now if they were free... I'd rather spend ten dollars on a quality oil filters... kinda like paying $4-8 per quart of quality oil.

Nice Happy Face in your driveway. Gave me a huge grin to see it and know how it got there.

Yeah, in the summer of 05 I was thinking "ok, this thing has been here for 2 years now... I wonder what it would take to remove it"

Glad I didn't.

Yeah, in the summer of 05 I was thinking "ok, this thing has been here for 2 years now... I wonder what it would take to remove it"

Glad I didn't.

Being Type A like you Nik, I would have wanted to clean the driveway too! However, I am also glad you didn't.

Glad I didn't.

You should preserve it with some kind of sealer

I use a K&N 303 filter, easy off with a with a socket wrench, easy on with a torque wrench.

If I remember correctly (at work right now), the XX manual calls for 22 lbs of torque on the drain bolt, 7 on the filter.

You should preserve it with some kind of sealer

Yeah, too bad I'm moving... I thought of concrete sawing the slab out and putting the slab somewhere in my new house, but it just wouldn't be feasible.

(but how cool would it be to have it set in my new basement floor or something...)