CBR1100XX.org Forum

HOW-TO: Installing Buell Pegs on the XX

To move the peg location down and back, you will need the following parts.

1 - Buell part number N0006.1AD - Pictured Below

2 - Four Nylon bushings available at most Ace Hardware stores.

Size .45 .OD, .325 .ID, 27/64 Long. - Pictured Below

3 - Small cotter Pins, I picked up some extras while I was at the hardware store.

Buell Pegs

IPB Image

IPB Image

Nylon Bushings

IPB Image

The Buell pegs are about 1/4 inch to wide to fit into the XX mount. You can narrow the peg to make it fit into the mount. I used a grinder to remove an equal amount of metal from both sides until I had a snug fit. I then smoothed the marks out using a file.

The holes in the Buell peg are larger than the pin in the XX. I drilled the hole in the peg out to allow the bushings to fit.

The peg will also need to be shortened to allow the peg to sit level after installation. Once the peg is installed, just remove a small amount of metal from the inside end of the peg to allow it to rest level.

Once the peg is level, a small amount can be taken off the bottom of the peg to avoid interference with the Brake lever.

After getting the peg shaped and ready for installation, I polished the peg using a buffing wheel.

The peg can now be installed using using the original pin and spring. The foot position is moved down and back. I am 6'4" tall and that position made big difference in leg comfort.

The shift and brake levers can be adjusted down if needed. If you are unable to get enough adjustment on the Brake lever, you can cut off the rod a small amount to allow more adjustment.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Final Installation

IPB Image

IPB Image

Old and New

IPB Image

Once installed, the pegs have about the same clearance as the originals.

It took a little more work, but the pegs have been installed without any modifications that can not be undone. The original pegs can be re installed, in about Five minutes.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I will update this post with any answers.

Enjoy

Mike

Mike made me a set of these as well and they look great. :icon_biggrin:

I will have to put some serious miles on them for a final verdict but my initial impressions are great.

As far as the strength of them I go about 235 and have stood on them and feel no lack of strength.

I ride every day so these will get some work :icon_wink:

For all you guys who like to do big miles with a pillion onboard, these very same pegs will fit on the rear of the XX as well. They need a bush in the same way as above, and a little more filing on the underside to stop them touching the cans.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...