CBR1100XX.org Forum

Before I go any further with regulator swap

RXX

This is the new roadstercycle MOSFET regulator. It is not a clean replacement since the holes do not align. I took Eric's cue and fabricated an aluminum base plate for it. I left a lot of surface area, again, on Ric's cue. Seems to make sense. There was no shaving of the actual unit to make it fit.

I do not particularly care for the orientation of the fins, but I do not see much way around it. At least it will cool better at standstill.

Any suggestions? By the way, I said "shave the unit"

Oh, and the little wi/bl wire on the connector.... The manual shows it goes to several start/stop type relays. There is no corresponding terminal on the new setup. Has anyone encountered this?

Oh, and the little wi/bl wire on the connector.... The manual shows it goes to several start/stop type relays. There is no corresponding terminal on the new setup. Has anyone encountered this?

I just dug out my R/R setup that I keep in my goody bag. It has Mike Barton's pigtail on it. There is no socket for the wire on that either.

I just dug out my R/R setup that I keep in my goody bag. It has Mike Barton's pigtail on it. There is no socket for the wire on that either.

Never mind. It appears to be vestigial (http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24793&page=2)

Jesus Christ on a cracker there's a lot of good shit on this site!

I have a MOSFET RR and one of its wires are n/a to the XX configuration, but since I didn't get the exact same one as yours, I wasn't going to chime in about if your call on the wire was correct or not.

Six hours -and you got this right?

Are you referring to the six hours between first and last post? Working on the bird was not the only thing I did during that time.

I have a MOSFET RR and one of its wires are n/a to the XX configuration, but since I didn't get the exact same one as yours, I wasn't going to chime in about if your call on the wire was correct or not.

So did you tape up the wire?

I think so. I'd either have to find a pic or pull off the rear cowl to see what it looks like. I was worried about the extra wire, and the people who made it said it didn't apply to the XX...just secure it unconnected.

RXX, I hate to say - it probably would take me most of that.

I was more confirming that - that was your final answer. There were no replies during that time.

The plate shown, that's aftermarket, no? Heat sink, rain guard, rock guard, ....just for mounting?

RXX, I hate to say - it probably would take me most of that.

I was more confirming that - that was your final answer. There were no replies during that time.

The plate shown, that's aftermarket, no? Heat sink, rain guard, rock guard, ....just for mounting?

That's a sheet of Grainger aluminum (alloy) I got for this project. It was made to overcome 2 problems. The MOSFET RR holes did not line up, so I needed a mounting plate, and I tried to get the most surface area possible for heat dissipation. Eric (EVLXX) gave me the idea. It took some grinding to go from rectangular to it's current shape. I could purty it up some by putting a TeXXt sticker or something, but it would just get dirty.

Looks good. Make sure that RR is sitting flush with that huge AL plate or it will not radiate any heat.

Bolted down jam up and jelly tight. There is a big piece of Al+++ on the back of the RR also.