CBR1100XX.org Forum

euro turn signal housing r/h

rhubarbray

Who`s got the right hand euro housing? I`ve just installed the HIDs and would like to have the option of turning the light off while starting. My housing has 7 wires in a red 9 plug connector and into the same on the subharness. Is the euro one 9 wires in a 9 wire plug? Or do you have to run extra wires?

Who`s got the right hand euro housing? I`ve just installed the HIDs and would like to have the option of turning the light off while starting. My housing has 7 wires in a red 9 plug connector and into the same on the subharness. Is the euro one 9 wires in a 9 wire plug? Or do you have to run extra wires?

If you can find one it's plug and play, no extra work involved, but watch the harness length coming off the switch. Different years were different lengths. You can work around that, but it can be a pain.

In the meantime, you can just press the starter button before you tun the key and the lights will only fire once per start, after the motor has fired and the button has been released.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the meantime, you can just press the starter button before you tun the key and the lights will only fire once per start, after the motor has fired and the button has been released.

Be aware that If it's a FI bike it may take a little more cranking since the fuel pump won't be able to prime the system before cranking. If you only did a low beam HID the other option is to go to high before starting then switch back.

Please post which light kit you got and your impression of it.

Edited by superhawk996

• 3 weeks later...

Hello OrganDonor, I just got one of these UK RH switch blocks and would like to see that write up...could you post it up again or shoot it to me?...I would appreciate it...cheers.

+1 to that, I have the Euro switch, but can't turn off the running lights. Would like to go stealth (as stealth as a red bird can be)

Gracias.