CBR1100XX.org Forum

Harbor Freight lift differences

OrganDonor

I'm going to pick up a lift table from Harbor Freight for my dad's birthday (which I'll also get to use.) We're going to modify it to fix some of the inheritance flaws (add a real wheel chock, safeguards against the table hydraulics allowing it to lower unexpectedly.)

They have two models, one of which is also tagged as being for ATVs... has a wider table.

They are the same price, though the regular motorcycle table has the coupon bringing the price down to $299.99.

1. Any other differences other than table width?

2. Any better deals than the coupon bringing it down to $300?

Spend the 299.99 thats what i did.Also, get hydraulic fluid and fill the pump before you use it,the pumps go bad really quick because they dont fill the pump fully. then get another front wheel chock 39.99 i think it was,drill 4 holes and mount, 10 minutes time,and then ride it on.that rolls the front wheel in and grabs the back of the front wheel to lock it in. i think the chock that comes with it sucks. i never used it because it looks so flimsy anyway.

I've never strapped it down,from birds,14's,busa's,vtx1800 no problems and the chock fits them all,its adjustable to

Also it comes with a pretty thick metal wedge bar to put in three different hole heights keeping it in place .

Edited by lexxus

I have the Harbor Freight Motorcycle lift table. Woorks great. has for years.

Things to note...

I made my table wider by welding on some extensions. If the ATV models truely is wider... that would be nice, but I don't see it in the specs.

The Jack likes to loose it's prime.... or something. Sometimes when I don't use it for 6 months or so... it doesn't want to pump up at first.

Buy the Heavy duty Stand wheel chock from them as well... this one...

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97843.html

Then weld it together if you can and then drill some new holes in the rear pivot lock block to make it fit your tire correctly. Then bolt it to the table.

again, had mine for years... I actually use it as my parking spot. I ride the bike up on it every night... and done... no strap.. no kick stand... just done.

I could take some picture and post them later.. if you want.

Go big, Ben.....

I got an Atlas Hi-Lift and have never looked back.

Nah.... Those are Junk.

Buy a Good one....

Like a .... K&L MC625R, and then buy all the optional attachments.

http://www.klsupply.com/SHOPLIFTEQUIPMENT/MC625RHEAVYDUTYAIRLIFT.aspx

Ok, ok....... I deserved that. I never pay more for a lift than my motorcycle's worth, I guess. How much do those deals cost?

But, the Atlas has served me well. Not junk at all in my book.

RXX... Just playing along with you. Lol.

My work has a K&L unit... it is by far the strongest and coolest motorcycle/atv lift table I have seen yet. true vertical lift, zero flex or twist, good for up to 1700 lbs means that lifting a 800 lb bike is like lift a scooter. Super stable. You can also get side extensions for it, and make it wide enough to fit any ATV on it.

I feel for whomever lost there bike off of one..... that sucks.

A buddy has one and has used it a lot with his Harley, about 800lbs. The jack does bleed down slowly, just enough that you hear a click avery few seconds. It does have lockouts to prevent a sudden drop of the cylinder fails, something I've never seen happen with any jack in 30 years of wrenching. As for the cylinder failing because they don't fill it enough, BS. All that happens with low fluid level is that it limits how high it'll go. Over-filling could cause a catastrophe, but generally it'll just make a mess of fluid when it's lowered. It's a little wobbly if you tweak on it hard compared to a mega dollar lift, but nowhere near a point that would dissuade me from using it. He's done a lot of hard wrenching with his heavy ass bike on it with no issue and it has lived on the lift for weeks at a time without engaging the lockout--not something I'd suggest doing. As for the wider version, I wouldn't do it without trying it out first. I'd suspect that extra width would be in the way when working on a bike and make it less comfortable, comfort is the main reason for a lift. You could simply lay a piece of plywood or something across the deck when you wanna do a quad. The chock works ok when used right, the upgrade will probably be easier to use.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...